Ok to move corydoras?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Geordie Paul

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello all again. My 35 gallon has been running for about 10 days now, my plants are starting to grow as well. I've also used conditioner and bio support. I've also had a betta living in here for about a week before I took him out. I was wondering if it would be safe to move my 4 panda corys from my other tank to this one? Or should I wait longer? The PH, hardness, and temperatures are the same as I've slowly mixed water from my other aquarium that the corys are currently in. Would it be ok to move them now?

Attachments

• 70C78F30-4F7B-4BAE-8C5E-493EC36CD434.jpeg
    70C78F30-4F7B-4BAE-8C5E-493EC36CD434.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 96
check your ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH levels in the tank. If they are ok then it should be fine to move the fish across.

PH and hardness is fine but I don't have anything to read my ammonia and nitrate. I was hoping the plants would help out with that

Healthy growing plants will help keep ammonia and subsequently nitrite & nitrate levels down, but never assume the water is good just because there are plants in the tank. You can have plants and a high ammonia reading too. Better to get the water tested to make sure it's good. If you can't get it tested, do a 90% water change using dechlorinated water, wait 24 hours and then move the fish into the tank. The big water change should dilute anything bad and make it safer for the fish.

Healthy growing plants will help keep ammonia and subsequently nitrite & nitrate levels down, but never assume the water is good just because there are plants in the tank. You can have plants and a high ammonia reading too. Better to get the water tested to make sure it's good. If you can't get it tested, do a 90% water change using dechlorinated water, wait 24 hours and then move the fish into the tank. The big water change should dilute anything bad and make it safer for the fish.
Ok I'll do that thanks a lot for the help

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back