Oh NO!

I love storm season here, I go storm chasing. Have shot some amazing storms.
I never used to mind stormy weather and actually enjoyed walking about in the rain. I had a brolly and boots so stayed dry. But in 2016 when I was living on the street, I got stuck on the side of a mountain during an electrical storm. No trees or anything to hide under and I sat there all night wearing shorts and a t-shirt, watching bolts of lightning strike the ground only metres from where I was. The sound of thunder and the smoke coming up from the ground after the lighting hit it still freaks me out. The smell in the air after each strike. I can't go outside when its raining anymore.

I never used to mind stormy weather and actually enjoyed walking about in the rain. I had a brolly and boots so stayed dry. But in 2016 when I was living on the street, I got stuck on the side of a mountain during an electrical storm. No trees or anything to hide under and I sat there all night wearing shorts and a t-shirt, watching bolts of lightning strike the ground only metres from where I was. The sound of thunder and the smoke coming up from the ground after the lighting hit it still freaks me out. The smell in the air after each strike. I can't go outside when its raining anymore.

I can picture your description now, I’ve been through a few storms like that when chasing. I’ve watch lighting hit trees, that’s scary! I hope you are all good and up and living a better lifestyle now tho, a bit heartbreaking to read :sad:

It was amazing to find them. A niece of his grandmother was trying to find relatives on his grandfather's side for him. I have a tree on the site and I'd entered the little I knew about my grandfather's brother; she found my tree and the details I gave matched her aunt's husband so she contacted me. My cousin is mainly interested in family who are still alive and could tell him about his grandfather's life. In return he told me what happened to his grandmother and father.
This is such a beautiful story.. so rewarding to say the least!!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back