Oh NO!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

AbbeysDad

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Or as Walter would say "Holy Crap" .... not only is it snowing outside (bad enough), but with this forum upgrade, it's snowing on my screen!!!!

I’d love to see snow!! First thing I’d do would be “drop and snow angel it up” :kana:

You'd soon get fed up with it ;)

It looks lovely when it's first fallen, all white and crisp. Then one of two things happen.
Either it warms up a bit and it half melts to give slush. This mixes with the dirt on footpaths and roads so you get home covered in brown goo because cars splash it all over you as you walk.
Or it freezes. This is OK except where it's been squashed on footpaths and roads, then it becomes sheet ice. Cars skid, people fall over and break legs....

Then it all melts and in a really heavy snowfall, the rivers fill up and there is a risk of flooding.

Now what appeals to me is living somewhere there is no icy cold weather :)

You'd soon get fed up with it ;)

It looks lovely when it's first fallen, all white and crisp. Then one of two things happen.
Either it warms up a bit and it half melts to give slush. This mixes with the dirt on footpaths and roads so you get home covered in brown goo because cars splash it all over you as you walk.
Or it freezes. This is OK except where it's been squashed on footpaths and roads, then it becomes sheet ice. Cars skid, people fall over and break legs....

Then it all melts and in a really heavy snowfall, the rivers fill up and there is a risk of flooding.

Now what appeals to me is living somewhere there is no icy cold weather :)

I just want to do snow angels and I’d be happy!!

Geezz, you wouldn’t want to be in Australia during this summer season. We have bushfires galore, it’s stinking hot and to top it off we are in a drought!!Our poor farmers are feeling it big time unfortunately

I have family in Australia and I don't like the sound of the storms they get either.

I don't think we can ever be 100% happy with where we live, there's always something we don't like :no:

I love storm season here, I go storm chasing. Have shot some amazing storms.

I love Aussie, just wish our government would look after their ppl in need instead of themselves:<

My profile pic, one of the many storms I have captured. This was from my back verandah

Luckily all we get is strong winds coming off the Atlantic (though on the east side of the country they are not as bad as the west gets) and a few thunderstorms in summer. Though I have to confess that lying in an operating theatre having cataract surgery during a thunderstorm is quite scary :eek:

Scared having something near your eye, but sharp thingys and possible power outage... no thank you!!!

They live just outside Perth. They are newly discovered relatives, my second cousin and his family. My grandfather's brother died when his son was 2 and I never knew what happened to his family. Then I was contacted via a family history website and we found each other. He visited us a couple of years ago when he and his wife were in the UK visiting family on his grandmother's side.

How cool is that!! Perth is beautiful, I’m in Queensland so the other side of Australia. They seemed to be in all the ancestry yeah?!

It was amazing to find them. A niece of his grandmother was trying to find relatives on his grandfather's side for him. I have a tree on the site and I'd entered the little I knew about my grandfather's brother; she found my tree and the details I gave matched her aunt's husband so she contacted me. My cousin is mainly interested in family who are still alive and could tell him about his grandfather's life. In return he told me what happened to his grandmother and father.

Most reactions

Back