Odessa Barb: Do I have any females? (video)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
they are all males. female Odessa barbs are very dull colour with no red coloration it seems difficult these days to find a pet shop that has females probably due to the demand of colourful fish
Yeh thought so.. for a while I thought I had 2 female but they mustve just taken longer to colour up.
In the LFS they all look the same really with them being stressed out. They seem to be ok with it unlike other barbs, but I think it could be a problem when it comes to adding other fish

p_89755.jpg

Going off this image I found.. the females look to also have a rounded body starting just behind the head? Which mine definitely don't have.. good to know if this is a feature for when I try to get some females

Defo all male :flex: maybe difficult to add females now unless you get a decent size group.

Ideally need even ratio or more female than males.

Defo all male :flex: maybe difficult to add females now unless you get a decent size group.

Ideally need even ratio or more female than males.
Yeh thats true, size wise.. don't want to swap some do you? Haha. I might speak to the lfs or maybe Tropco or somewhere

Last edited:
Yeh thats true, size wise.. don't want to swap some do you? Haha. I might speak to the lfs or maybe Tropco or somewhere
I could do with 3 more males lol.

I wanted a group of 12 with an even ratio but my lFS only had 3 males at the time so i had to go with a group of 9 instead.

I did intend to up the males to 6 but didnt want to disturpt the group and start a new pecking order dispute in the end

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back