Nugget Or Royal Or Zebra Wanted Possibly A Scobi

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

bisley dad

Reaction score
Hi I am looking for a special plec for my tank, dont really want to pay a fortune, can any one help,
can swap fish if you know what you are looking for??
nick

well if u dont wanna pay a fortune u have 2 options out of that list a nugget or a scobi :) depending how big a royal your looking at u can get reasonable cheapish :) zebra u have no chance lol and tbh u wouldnt be able 2 keep a zebra in a mixed cumunity comfortably anyways wot other fish will be there tank mates??#

putting your location mite help ppl out aswell :)

jen

sorry Jen,
Bisley is in surrey,
I have a royal, just looking for something special, scobi ans are ok a nice sunshine plec,,, just the cost

sorry, might just be me being thick but whats a scobi ?

you may want to check out aquaticlifedirect and Oddball express1, both are very good online ebay stores that usually have a nice selection of plecos

sorry, might just be me being thick but whats a scobi ?

you may want to check out aquaticlifedirect and Oddball express1, both are very good online ebay stores that usually have a nice selection of plecos

Scobinancistrus....... L14 . L48 . L133 . L253 mite have miss a couple but u get the idea lol :)

well if u dont wanna pay a fortune u have 2 options out of that list a nugget or a scobi :) depending how big a royal your looking at u can get reasonable cheapish :) zebra u have no chance lol and tbh u wouldnt be able 2 keep a zebra in a mixed cumunity comfortably anyways wot other fish will be there tank mates??#

jen

Why wouldnt a zebra be comfortable in a mixed community?

jen

becasue they dont compete for food very well so if u have a hungry greedy community setup thers a chance of the zebs starving 2 death (yes it has and does happen :p )

jen

becasue they dont compete for food very well so if u have a hungry greedy community setup thers a chance of the zebs starving 2 death (yes it has and does happen :p )

That could easily be true for a lot of the smaller fancy types. I've known people that have had no problems keeping them in communitys with small non aggressive fish.

jen

That could easily be true for a lot of the smaller fancy types. I've known people that have had no problems keeping them in communitys with small non aggressive fish.

rite if u were keeping them with a shoal of tetra's guppies etc then yeh would probably be fine but most community tanks now have some sort of bottom dweller cory's etc so thats where the problem lies they probably wouldnt come out with other bottom dwellers around so yes they wouldnt feed and probably go hungry ... yes other species can be very similar but then again most of them species dont cost £100 + and thats where the risk lies not saying that a cheaper plec doesnt matter and im not saying they wouldnt survive but would u take that risk personally and yes i have had other timid none competing plecs in the past and yes they have been fine but ive also had problems feeding aswell withe other bottom dwellers in the tank ..... u say u known ppl yes u mite have but ive none ppl that have had plecs starve also so u cant compare ur reason 2 anythink only try make sure for the plecs sake and imo thats makes a zeb tank a species only.... but thats just my look on things if u wanna try they carry on lol :p

jen

rite if u were keeping them with a shoal of tetra's guppies etc then yeh would probably be fine but most community tanks now have some sort of bottom dweller cory's etc so thats where the problem lies they probably wouldnt come out with other bottom dwellers around so yes they wouldnt feed and probably go hungry ... yes other species can be very similar but then again most of them species dont cost £100 + and thats where the risk lies not saying that a cheaper plec doesnt matter and im not saying they wouldnt survive but would u take that risk personally and yes i have had other timid none competing plecs in the past and yes they have been fine but ive also had problems feeding aswell withe other bottom dwellers in the tank ..... u say u known ppl yes u mite have but ive none ppl that have had plecs starve also so u cant compare ur reason 2 anythink only try make sure for the plecs sake and imo thats makes a zeb tank a species only.... but thats just my look on things if u wanna try they carry on lol :p
Haha I never said I would risk keeping one in a community tank. I used to always want a breeding group in a dedicated tank but after observing my mates I have decided against it. They may look nice but really dont do all that much :lol:

Haha I never said I would risk keeping one in a community tank. I used to always want a breeding group in a dedicated tank but after observing my mates I have decided against it. They may look nice but really dont do all that much :lol:

LOL yeh that is 1 thing i have 2 agree on they dont really do much but when they do they are stunning :)

I'd NEVER keep a L46 in a community tank OR with any fish that would even begin to provide competition. Unless you have loads of dosh and are prepared to lose them.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back