Not Receiving The Validation Req'd

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

wendywc

Rocking a crabshell for a hat.
Reaction score
Hi. Apparently I am new again!

I changed email addresses, but I'm not getting the validation in order to confirm my new email. I've tried "Resend Validation" already 3 times. And I've triple checked that the email address I entered is correct. When I try entering it again, it says it's already in the system. Oh, and sorry about posting this here, but since I am new again... I could not send a PM to the Mods and I could not post this under Board Announcements.

Help please. :*

I brought this to the attention of William, as he is the one who can do manual validations.

Thanks! I'm still waiting. Since I can't post anywhere else...

Here's an updated fat cat pic.
11v1844.jpg

I might be stating the blooming obvious here but have you checked your spam folder?

Leanne

PS I love your cat........I have a ginger and white thing that seems to be a cross between a cat and a draught excluder!! :lol:

are you useing the same user name as before as it will still have you at your old email addy :hyper:

Since my email address changed, I updated it under My Controls > Options > Change Email Address. Thus I am new again and cannot post anywhere else or PM people with my same userID until I get the validation. And I don't see it in my new email's inbox. :look:

Try changing it back to the old one, then see if you can post. You can also try changing it to the new one again, see if it sends a validation.

Make sure you don't have this site blocked, you won't get a thing if it is.

Thing is my old email address is completely gone. The server that it was on is down; I know because my husband and I run it. Now I would have to rehost the server and buy back the website in order to bring it back up... no small feat there.

Even though it is a dead e-mail addy the board here may see you as still being a validated member, giving you access until William can fix it for you.

Don't try changing it back as that will create more problems (actually, I don't guess it can really get any worse).

I have been playing with my wife's account (she never posts). I just went through the process twice with my wife's account. Both times the validation email came straight through and both times it worked properly to validate (I did check to make sure it was showing "validating" again after the change).

However, when I went back and changed the email again and then changed it back to the original email without validating the first change, it messed everything up and now I can't get her's validated. I tells me that the member doesn't need to validate but still shows her as validating. It also won't let me resend the validation email saying that there is no pending validation for that member.

Not certain why you aren't getting the email though unless it has something to do with blocked domains (gmail.com is where it comes from) or spam filters. Hopefully, William can get it done for you.

Sorry for the problems you're having. Try sending William an email. Email removed at owner's request.

Most reactions

Back