Not New To The Hobby But New To This Site!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

sim2cool

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Been keeping fish for 2years now have a Roma 240 with a fluval 305 filter.
I here lots about Eheim filters but would like advice from people on here that are using them.
I know they are expensive but i dont mind if they do the job.
There are quite a few fish in my tank so would like a high turn over.
I see so many variations of the filters which one would be best for my tank i dont want to blast the fish around in a whirl pool :lol:
Any help much appreciated
Simon

Hi simon, you'll find that the majority of people on here that have either the roma 240 or rio 240 use the Tetratec EX1200
My 240 is also quite well stocked but the filter is still more than capable.

Cheers for the info.
So does that mean the Eheim filters arnt that good if you guys use the Tetratec

Cheers for the info.
So does that mean the Eheim filters arnt that good if you guys use the Tetratec

No of course Eheim are an excellent brand of filter, but Tetratec seem to be much cheaper, reliable, easy to use and also have a great customer service if you ever have a problem.
although i've never had a problem with mine

I have an Eheim 2213+ on my 30 uk gal tank the last 2 years.Never had a problem.Excellent filter.

I'm running a 2213, 2222, 2224, 2026, and a cheezy ECCO. I've abused the snot out of them, they keep running. All except the ECCO, which is an entry level filter that in my opinion Eheim should have never wasted their time with. This thing can't go for 6 weeks without plugging, but that is in a heavily stocked breeding situation.

I'm running an eheim 2222 with a hydor inline heater and the whole thing's been solid as a rock. Can't see it, can't hear it, no problems so far. The choices came after a lot of interactions with the members here.

yeah eheims are highly recommended (except the ecco range which is not worth the money), some people feel they can't justify the cost of them though and tetratec are widely thought to be a good affordable alternative.

the beauty with eheims is you're only going to have to buy them once, i've had rena's and fluvals and after 3/4 years they get pretty tired, things start to break and they eventually need to be replaced. I know people with Eheim's 20 years old that are still running as well as the first day they had them, obviously things like seals will need replacing periodically but that's the same whatever brand you get, they're just perishable.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back