Nominations For New Moderators On Tff

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

*sits trying not to rise to the bait*

Oh come on Alm0stAwesome, I *know* you are torn between two places... a lot of people are, but there is *nothing* stopping anyone from being on either or *both* sites. I have enough respect for you and your knowledge! If I hadn't already read your thoughts on the matter, i'd have nominated you but hey... you know better than to just keep stirring. I know you do :( leave the arguing for those who were directly involved and move on with everyone else. You can't spend your life fighting other peoples battles. Choose where *you* want to be...

I'm sorry people can't always respect you Ludwig. There are a fair few more posts i'd just have deleted for being irrelevant. You are honestly unapreciatedly far more tolerant than people even think! Mind you... I knew that from the FOTM competitions and people not posting their verifications!! :p

I love a bit of condescension in the morning. You don't know how I feel. At all.

I'm not torn between sites, I do wish none of this had ever happened but that's irrelevant at this point. I'm not fighting anyone else's battle - do you think I don't have an opinion of my own? That this forum only belonged to the "leadership"? It belongs to all of us as far as I'm concerned and that is the battle I'm fighting. I do feel directly involved.

I'm sure Ludwig now feels more affirmed as a human being thanks to your statement. Since it was (unfortunately and unnecessarily) mentioned I do feel the need to say that I sincerely hope Ludwig does not take expression of opinion by myself (or anyone else) as a reflection of the level of respect we have for him - either in his position at TFF or as a person in general. I don't know what you were trying to achieve by suggesting anything else MBOU.

I have compiled a list of all nominations received to date for discussion in the Moderator's section to draw up the shortlist of persons being considered.... further nominations are welcome and will close on Friday afternoon.... The new team will be announced on (approximately) Monday at the latest..... Thanks for your nominations and keep them coming.....

I'd just like to add my vote for Fluttermoth. She always helps folks out anyway, might as well be wearing the Mod hat while doing so. There are many others, including all the ex Mods, but I don't even know where to begin. Oldman47, Minnnt, Tizer, Matlee, Tolak, Mikaila31, FishFanatic04, AlmOstAwesome, Fintastic!, Man O Fish, NobdyOfTheGoat, etc. Not all of them are the most knowledgable, but I consider all of them fair people who wouldn't "swing the Mod hammer with reckless abandon."

Arghhh! How could I forget to nominate Mrs. Green Terror, Dieses Madchen! She'd be high on my list.

PS: Apologies in advance for anyone I left out, I'm at work & I'm obviously not supposed to be posting here right now........... :lol:

EDIT to add ThisOldSpouse............

It's ridiculous the comments that are being deleted vs the comments that are being kept. Anyone who thinks that this selection process is what's calmed things down and brought the forum back together are kidding themselves. It's that people are feeling all puffed up and looking to get a mod mention and so are on their best behaviour. Why they may want the position, I cannot even fathom.

This selection process will NOT result in the most qualified members being selected as mods. And putting some caveat in the OP that says any unrelated/unsupportive posts will be deleted is just a way to quash those who actually have an opinion against this process and we certainly wouldn't want that!

So so true IMO, hence the avatar :lol: it is getting so bad it almost makes me cringe :sick:

we also seem to have a few, amateur physiological profilers, who would starve if they needed to earn a living doing it.
to be honest, they clearway haven't read, or understood the premise of the thread, either.
or, more probably, ignore it, as it suites their view better.

We either move on, or stay as a group of bickering children. each determined to get their own way.
the choice is ours.

Just so you know FishFanatic, the comment about photo verifications wasnt aimed at you, you do keep taking random comments personally and I am sorry about that. It was just a general comment that every month Ludwig has to point out the people havent put up verification photos and hardly anyone seems to remember.

Might be a pointless or offtopic post but was easier than sending an apology via pm again lol

EaglesAquarium was the first poster to help me out on this site. I haven't seen him around in awhile but he was a great poster. I'll also add Waterdop~, Crossfire, Staxx & MBOU to my list.

I'm sure I'll remember more soon enough..........

EaglesAquarium was the first poster to help me out on this site. I haven't seen him around in awhile but he was a great poster. I'll also add Waterdop~, Crossfire, Staxx & MBOU to my list.

I'm sure I'll remember more soon enough..........

I'd be a terrible mod...

I wouldnt be right for this kind of website. I Dont even want the pressure of holding my tongue. As a funny friend said recently....it takes a special bunch to keep fish and spend this much time talking about it. It'll take an even more special bunch to keep this forum going without going bonkers when someone is annoying you. Good luck to them.

MBOU. I did not think you directed the comment at me..but your comment was aimed outwardly and there are a lot of people who fell under it. Thats what happens when you throw insults into the universe like stray bullets.

I have compiled a list of all nominations received to date for discussion in the Moderator's section to draw up the shortlist of persons being considered.... further nominations are welcome and will close on Friday afternoon.... The new team will be announced on (approximately) Monday at the latest..... Thanks for your nominations and keep them coming.....

Any news on who the new MOD's are then? :hyper:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back