Nominations For New Moderators On Tff

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Shows how closely I pay attention to people's profile information... I thought many of these names already were mods. But I would also recommend Fluttermoth, Minnt, and Nobody of the Goat.

I am soooo, soooo disheartened with this renewed attempt at disrupting progress in a positive direction and would like to think (or believe) that we were headed towards common grounds of reconcilliation where the growth of the forum takes preference as a platform to discuss experiences and assist each other in the advancement of the fishkeeping hobby.......

Since this innitiative in selecting and ellecting moderators by member involvement to be instrumental in reconstructing and continuing a passive environment for our members was suggested and implemented by me..... I will perceive every attempt to obstruct advancement in this direction as a personal attack with intent to see this forum fail.....

I plead to you all..... please allow events to take its course..... I am exhausted from monitoring and putting out fires for 3 nights in a row.... let's not start from scratch now and instigate a new revolution at this point where reasonable calm has been established.... esp. not from unexpected circles..... Let us see how this pans out... I really do not have the energy to go through it again.

Don't worry lud, you're safe, I won't be coming back again and good luck with your forum.

Disruption???

I'm only adding my thoughts as members have on the previous page, now get over yourself.

wills has a bad back ground

:cool: #40## straight!!

wills has a bad back ground from what happened on the other site that was formed a while back. although a very good and knowledgable person i doubt it will go to him if this has anything to do with it especially if inchworm has her way as she wouldnt even let walkers have his pm's back.....

lol my thoughts exactly though.

Thanks for the nominations though guys - just for the record, I'm not really up for being a mod reason is time, simply don't have the time to reliably contribute to a moderating team.

As for any nominations, Minnnt is an obvious choice, but not sure what the situation is there. Nobodyofthegoat - incredible knowledge and unquestionable attention to detail.

I know he has been away a while but Davo86 is back around and again very knowledgeable :)

There are others that hands down could do it but would never get close, Star4 springs to mind. :rolleyes:

On a sheer knowledge basis I have to admit a lot of the newer mods would have been top of my list - Ian, Simonas, Mattlee, ZoddyZod - not many people that can match that kind of team. - Thats not be disregarding the knowledge of the older moderators but its just from what I have read in my time here and some of the mods were busy with mod stuff rather than chronicling their tanks in the way others have.

Others that spring to mind - thereverendturtle, kittykat, ondriase (spelling) all big helpers and constantly active.

Also just a suggestion, now it is a funded site - get in touch with WILDER and pay her, her weight in gold to get the emergencies section back on its feet. I am not disregarding any of the hard work the mod team has done over the year and by no means wanting to step on anyones toes but WILDER was an incredible asset to this site and it genuinely panics me to know shes not posted here for ages and believe me when I say I really needed her recently in my tank.

Wills.

Guess whos online??? WILDER. :)

and i personally think this is the way to ruin a forum...it looks more like a popularity contest to me.

*goes back to hide under rock

Unfortunately Ludwig, while I am glad to see a lot of attitudes shifting for the better, the above seems to be true. A majority of the nominees are people who do not seem to fit the qualifications for a moderator.

and i personally think this is the way to ruin a forum...it looks more like a popularity contest to me.

*goes back to hide under rock

Unfortunately Ludwig, while I am glad to see a lot of attitudes shifting for the better, the above seems to be true. A majority of the nominees are people who do not seem to fit the qualifications for a moderator.

But... Fanatic... bear in mind that the "majority" will not be selected..... it will be a few...... There are some good nominations come through to date.... Each nomination is considered and.... general background checks is done checking through the archives for previous posts and previous offences.... We will run for nominations till Friday..... and announce the probational team (approximately) on Monday.... We appreciate your nominations....

It's ridiculous the comments that are being deleted vs the comments that are being kept. Anyone who thinks that this selection process is what's calmed things down and brought the forum back together are kidding themselves. It's that people are feeling all puffed up and looking to get a mod mention and so are on their best behaviour. Why they may want the position, I cannot even fathom.

This selection process will NOT result in the most qualified members being selected as mods. And putting some caveat in the OP that says any unrelated/unsupportive posts will be deleted is just a way to quash those who actually have an opinion against this process and we certainly wouldn't want that!

No Almost.... it is not that.... The reason why I said innitially that any deviating post (in this thread) will be deleted is because this specific thread is for nominating potential moderators.... any deviations will inevitably steer the core task in a flared direction and we will not stick to the object of the topic.... getting nominations in.... If you have any theory... or better suggestions... please start a new thread and debate it over there... This thread is for nominating new moderators.

*sits trying not to rise to the bait*

Oh come on Alm0stAwesome, I *know* you are torn between two places... a lot of people are, but there is *nothing* stopping anyone from being on either or *both* sites. I have enough respect for you and your knowledge! If I hadn't already read your thoughts on the matter, i'd have nominated you but hey... you know better than to just keep stirring. I know you do :( leave the arguing for those who were directly involved and move on with everyone else. You can't spend your life fighting other peoples battles. Choose where *you* want to be...

I'm sorry people can't always respect you Ludwig. There are a fair few more posts i'd just have deleted for being irrelevant. You are honestly unapreciatedly far more tolerant than people even think! Mind you... I knew that from the FOTM competitions and people not posting their verifications!! :p

*sits trying not to rise to the bait*

Oh come on Alm0stAwesome, I *know* you are torn between two places... a lot of people are, but there is *nothing* stopping anyone from being on either or *both* sites. I have enough respect for you and your knowledge! If I hadn't already read your thoughts on the matter, i'd have nominated you but hey... you know better than to just keep stirring. I know you do :( leave the arguing for those who were directly involved and move on with everyone else. You can't spend your life fighting other peoples battles. Choose where *you* want to be...

I'm sorry people can't always respect you Ludwig. There are a fair few more posts i'd just have deleted for being irrelevant. You are honestly unapreciatedly far more tolerant than people even think! Mind you... I knew that from the FOTM competitions and people not posting their verifications!! :p

This seems to be a post that is argumentative and has nothing to do with the nominations as well. You have just caught yourself, I think. I have great respect for Ludwig, and I can only assume that AlmostAwesome does as well, but I cannot speak for her. I think you did not succeed MBOU. You could not deny the temptation to argue and even threw in a small attack. I for one have followed this thread because I felt invested in this forum. I worried greatly that new fishkeepers, now and in the future, were not going to receive the knowledge that I had easy access too.

Ludwig has responded with patience and respect to my posts, and my only response will be to back up and hope that he can help rebuild something here. I hope that the moderators that are chosen will be level headed and not subject members to any kind of attacks.

Oh. and In response to the verification photos. I was under the impression that with fish you could verify with multiple photos as you could with pets. Easy over sight and never meant to be insulting. This was also fixed before the end of the entry points. Making quiet digs at people is worse then an outright insult.

I don't know her stand on the matter but I would throw up Mikaila as a nominee as well. Her advice to me has been followed 100% and it has never failed me.

Edit:Overlooked name as well...Dieses Madchen

It's ridiculous the comments that are being deleted vs the comments that are being kept. Anyone who thinks that this selection process is what's calmed things down and brought the forum back together are kidding themselves. It's that people are feeling all puffed up and looking to get a mod mention and so are on their best behaviour. Why they may want the position, I cannot even fathom.

This selection process will NOT result in the most qualified members being selected as mods. And putting some caveat in the OP that says any unrelated/unsupportive posts will be deleted is just a way to quash those who actually have an opinion against this process and we certainly wouldn't want that!

So so true IMO, hence the avatar :lol: it is getting so bad it almost makes me cringe :sick:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back