Nominations For New Moderators On Tff

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Its been handled absolutely fine, the current mods and admin still get to check over and choose who they want. But after all the current arguments and fighting about how nobody is involved in important decisions, do you not think that at least involving people to a degree is a good start?

Doesnt mean they cant go off and choose someone who hasnt been nominated... but the chances are that everyone they would consider would be nominated too by other members so when it omes to choosing mods, it will be a forum choice as well as a mod/admin choice.

Personally, i think its a little bit awkward but its a far better way of doing than just choosing mods. It also gives people a chance to volunteer their time which you cant normally do and if you have someone willing to do the work.... well...

There is enough negativity and arguements going on elsewhere, for those nominated it must be nice to se all their effort is appreciated!

Its been handled absolutely fine, the current mods and admin still get to check over and choose who they want. But after all the current arguments and fighting about how nobody is involved in important decisions, do you not think that at least involving people to a degree is a good start?

Doesnt mean they cant go off and choose someone who hasnt been nominated... but the chances are that everyone they would consider would be nominated too by other members so when it omes to choosing mods, it will be a forum choice as well as a mod/admin choice.

Personally, i think its a little bit awkward but its a far better way of doing than just choosing mods. It also gives people a chance to volunteer their time which you cant normally do and if you have someone willing to do the work.... well...

There is enough negativity and arguements going on elsewhere, for those nominated it must be nice to se all their effort is appreciated!

+1 :good:

this thread has drawn the membership together, for something positive.
something the forum sorely needed.
am inspired idea, that seems to have worked.

if we are going to move forward, at least initially, why not make it by forum consensus?
and we are only suggesting here. the actual decisions will be made, pretty much, as they always were.

+1!

Eagleaquariums. But he hasn't been active in a short while.

I'd like you to consider fishyfeet. (Di), though she has not been so active lately.

she seem both, knowledgeable and balanced. i may be wrong, but i seem to remember she Moded on another fish forum too.

Arriving back to the forum after whats gone on, I don't really understand why some mods are still in power and some have been stripped of their position?
However I do feel that the previous mods should be offered first refusal on these positions before any one else. These guys know what is expected and have shown they are upto the task in the past, they have shown great dedication to the forum and whilst there are one or two (if i'm honest) surprise inclusions to the mod team last time i was here, i still feel they earnt that right to carry on. - even if they had to be voted back into the position?

so to clarify my vote goes to the previous mod team, provided they are still around :dunno:

Must be confusing for you Dave :lol: To be honest, its long, complicated and messy... and as a general rule... few of the original mods are even active on this forum any more and even less would be interested in being a mod any more. Not unless they were paid.

Like I said... just dont ask lol.

However I do feel that the previous mods should be offered first refusal on these positions before any one else.

Just to put you in the picture Davo.... all previous mods have been sent a pm by Aviv for re-instatement and those not on here have declined the offer.... You will however see some of them on from time to time as retired mods and .... retired mods also have access to the Moderator's section to offer recommendations and suggestions whenever they feel to do so.....

Not unless they were paid.

get your facts straight MBOU, been reading a lot of your posts of late with wrong info...think about what you're posting.

all previous mods have been sent a pm by Aviv for re-instatement

not all

and i personally think this is the way to ruin a forum...it looks more like a popularity contest to me.

*goes back to hide under rock

can't believe some of the childish behaviour thats going on in this forum now.if people can't post constructive posts to help this forum recover,why do they bother posting at all.

However I do feel that the previous mods should be offered first refusal on these positions before any one else.

Just to put you in the picture Davo.... all previous mods have been sent a pm by Aviv for re-instatement and those not on here have declined the offer.... You will however see some of them on from time to time as retired mods and .... retired mods also have access to the Moderator's section to offer recommendations and suggestions whenever they feel to do so.....

To further expand on that, Avis is 50% of Keebali Media who bought the site from William.

A site that was a viable business proposition.

Without a mod team in place it will cease to be I would assume.

I will no doubt miss some names, but ones that immediately spring to mind are...

Wills
star4
Kitty Kat
fluttermoth
Wilder (I fully agree with Wills, she was great at "being brave" and offering her opinion on members' fish emergencies)
fish48 (this guy has a massive fishroom, full of virtually every livebearer species availble, including the odd ones like Belonesox)
MBOU
waterdrop
xingumike
Davo86
Minnnt
Kiriyama
Harlequins

I would have to say in no particular order Minnnt, Wills and Fluttermoth :good:

can't believe some of the childish behaviour thats going on in this forum now.if people can't post constructive posts to help this forum recover,why do they bother posting at all.
Anyone gonna delete this useless comment?

Wilder, the queen of fish diseases. She really was very valuable to this site. There was never an emergency post left unanswered.

So heres my nominations.
Wilder
Star4
Minnnt
Davo86
Wills
Nobody of the goat
Fluttermoth
Harliquins
Ps3stevo

I might of forgotten some :(
Seems like the same people keep popping up which is good.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back