Nominations For New Moderators On Tff

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Some thoughts from someone who has been there.....

be very careful what you wish for! If you are prepared to work as part of a team, discussing actions before taking any and you don't mind a fair bit of administrative duties (spammer monitoring, making sure the forum rules are adhered to....etc, etc) then you'll enjoy the mainly thankless task of being a Mod. Don't think it's some glorious honour to be bestowed, but one to take seriously if and only IF you have this forums smooth running as your main priority and have the time and energy to do so properly.

....oh, and you get to bypass the swear filter, which comes in very handy in the Mods section :)

my two pennies worth....

Fluttermoth
Kitty Kat
Raptorrex
MBOU
Waterdrop
Wills

It is, and sorry but I'd decline anyway, and I'm sure the other mods would detest too, I was a right pain in the #14### a few years ago, I got banned thrice.

mods should be chosen on thier experience, expertise, how diplomatic they are if the need arose, and of course how much time they could give, however, when i first joined a few helped me alot, and helped newbies who have joined since, its these who i choose
fluttermoth
kitykat
minnit

It is, and sorry but I'd decline anyway, and I'm sure the other mods would detest too, I was a right pain in the #14### a few years ago, I got banned thrice.

Fair enough.
Your not really around the planted section much, which is a shame as i learned alot from you a few years ago.

I have to agree with XinguMike. (no not fred)

Andy is an immense person to have on the team. His knowledge is outstanding and is well over due a promotion IMO. I know he has a lot on his plate atm away from the forum, but i think he would make an awesome addition to the mod team.

I am also very humbled to have been nominated by a few other members in this thread. Glad my help has been of use to you. Means alot. :) :good:

I have to agree with XinguMike. (no not fred)

Andy is an immense person to have on the team. His knowledge is outstanding and is well over due a promotion IMO. I know he has a lot on his plate atm away from the forum, but i think he would make an awesome addition to the mod team.

I am also very humbled to have been nominated by a few other members in this thread. Glad my help has been of use to you. Means alot. :) :good:

it was the tetratec recommendation that made me think of you!!!:lol:

I'd have to say minnnt, fluttermoth and DM come to mind as being balanced and seeming to have time to dedicate themselves.

There are some very good people mentioned elsewhere in this list, some I don't know and some who are being nominated for being amazingly knowledgeable. The knowledge and experience is incredibly useful, however the ability to stay on message, drudge through the admin and signpost to people who know better is far more important. The 3 mentioned strike me as the best potential for the second aspect, that I've got experience of, who hasn't already been a mod here, or already refused.

As has been said before, my apologies to anyone who thinks I should have listed them but haven't, or shouldn't have listed them but have.

edit, and you managed to catch me out with timing Ludwig.

I'm soooooooo glad that a way to make everyone forget their anger has been found. Goodluck everyone.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back