Noisy Filter

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

argoma

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi, I've got this ICA Biopower filter that came with my 18 gallon tank and it is a good filter, has got a good flow and all but it is quite noisy.
I keep the tank in my room so I would like to know if it is possible to turn off the filter for the night because of the noise.
Would it be harmful for the betta?
If this isn't possible I will buy a new less noisy filter because this noise is just too strong.

Betta can do pretty well without a filter. It should be fine for nights, and make sure you have enough water flowing through it and the water levels are high. (Splashes)

bluesword23516 said:
Betta can do pretty well without a filter. It should be fine for nights, and make sure you have enough water flowing through it and the water levels are high. (Splashes)

So until I buy a new filter it should be fine? (Cause I plan on buying more fish futurely so I will need a filter then) Alright, thanks so much.

bluesword23516 said:
Yeah it should be fine
smile.png

Thank you!
good.gif

Keep it running all the time, if the media isn't having water running over it then the ammonia can't be processed, if the media isn't kept wet then all the bacteria will die.

You get used to the noise after awhile, if its too bad then increase the water level or put a sponge over the intake, as that should slow the flow a bit.

While bettas can do perfectly fine without a filter, if you have a filter running at the moment you need to keep it running all the time. If you do not, you risk losing the benefit of the bacteria which keep the levels of ammonia and nitrIte.  If the filter is too loud for where you have it, I suggest getting a quieter one and moving the media from the current one to the new one so you don't loose your cycle.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back