No Longer Wanting My Kessil A150W Amazon Sun

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

CrazyDiamond88

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
My tank is too small and I am too inexperienced to handle such a strong light.

I am just wondering where the best place to sell it would be? Is eBay the way to go?

Would try posting on classified on this forum or on online sites like ebay yeah

Please could someone tell me how to price it? It's like new, in excellent condition.
Cost me $350 new.
On eBay it is about $250-300 new

Well, this tank is now second hand, especially if you've used it, it cannot really be priced as new. 

So it depends what the minimum price you would want to accept for this, then set the price at that perhaps.

I'm only selling the light, not the tank.
I don't want to sell it as new. I'm just wondering what a fair secondhand price for it would be.
$150? $200?

Sorry my mistake, yeah , meant your light! 

Has the light been heavily used or just for a short while and no damage or anything? Fully working etc

Its entirely up to you what you feel is a fair price for your light, I might price it at $200 or even a little more perhaps. And hopefully someone will offer a price that you would be happy with.

Not sure how things sell in Aus compared to Uk but go with what you feel is best.

Here in USA, ebay takes a portion of sales.  For this sort of thing, I'd first try craigslist, and kijiji.  NOt sure if you have them there?

Yes, these places for craigslist:

Oceania

Australia

I did not look at how 'busy' those are for you.  That, you will need to decide.  Oh, and I always do cash only.  Depending on your living situation, you may want to set it up that you will meet a buyer in a mall parking lot (a busy area) rather than share your home address for pick up.

Thank you both for the ideas, I'll have a look when I get off work.

Charlie - I have not used it much, it's in great shape.
I think $200 sounds about right.
I wonder whether to do a buy it now on eBay or a bidding auction.
I always think buy it now is safer myself. Kessil lights are probably not that popular and probably wouldn't attract many bids but I could be wrong

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back