No attention for female guppy

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Kayra101

Reaction score
Recently (2 months ago) I got into the fish hobby and I got;6 neon tetras,6 bloodfin tetras ,2 loaches and 2 bristle nose pleco and 4 male guppies then a week later I got 2 female guppies and some plaited it’s been a week and the male guppies seem to be always in a group and my female guppies try to get involved but the male guppies seem to not even want to know them. Why is this happening?

Recently (2 months ago) I got into the fish hobby and I got;6 neon tetras,6 bloodfin tetras ,2 loaches and 2 bristle nose pleco and 4 male guppies then a week later I got 2 female guppies and some plaited it’s been a week and the male guppies seem to be always in a group and my female guppies try to get involved but the male guppies seem to not even want to know them. Why is this happening?
what dimensions on the tank and have you cycled it

You have some serious stocking issues, You have soft water fish and hard-water fish in the same tank, You have male and female live bearers, the normal ratio for these fish is 1 male to 2 females this in it self can cause serious stocking issues. A female live bearer can produce 20 or so fry every sixish weeks.

2 loaches
What type of loaches? Loaches are social fish and need to be kept in groups of 6 or more.

2 bristle nose pleco
Are these males, females or one of each? Male BN's will fight, A male and female will breed, and they will do so every month producing 10 or more fry.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back