Gazpug
Fish Fanatic
Hello all,
I have fluval lab nitrate removing media in my cannister filter. In the space of a week my nitrates are up too 40ppm. I was wondering if this is ok. i think it is because the rule of thumb is to aim to keep ntrates below 40ppm. The nitrate remover only slows buid up slightly. I was just expecting it to be a little lower because of the media in the cannister.
The reason being i am going away shortly for 6 weeks and i am having to leave it in the hands of my partner to do the water changes. She isnt too experienced so i am having to leave her written instructions on how to do the changes. I was hoping to get her to do a water change every 2 weeks to cut down on her input with tank maint. I feed them twice daily so they are more active.
Any thoughts would be nice?
Regards
Gaz
I have fluval lab nitrate removing media in my cannister filter. In the space of a week my nitrates are up too 40ppm. I was wondering if this is ok. i think it is because the rule of thumb is to aim to keep ntrates below 40ppm. The nitrate remover only slows buid up slightly. I was just expecting it to be a little lower because of the media in the cannister.
The reason being i am going away shortly for 6 weeks and i am having to leave it in the hands of my partner to do the water changes. She isnt too experienced so i am having to leave her written instructions on how to do the changes. I was hoping to get her to do a water change every 2 weeks to cut down on her input with tank maint. I feed them twice daily so they are more active.
Any thoughts would be nice?
Regards
Gaz







