Nin's Tanks

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Ryan10 said:
Both the pics and tanks look great.  Nice work.
Thank you very much!
happy.png

The 29g is almost done cycling..actually I think it would be done if it weren't for the pH dropping.
It gets to .50 ammonia .50 nitrites in 24 hours. Here it is with the fake plants added.
SAM_5407_zpsa37e2a1f.jpg

Very excited to finally have these guys (well guy and gal)..betta ocellatas from WildBetta. Thanks a bunch, you're the best
smile.png
I also got some baby yellow rabbit snails from her.

Male
SAM_5418_zps83ef0e9b.jpg

SAM_5421_zps7a5f619b.jpg

SAM_5430_zps1ba38384.jpg

Not sure if this is the male or female actually ><
SAM_5438_zpsd861ce2d.jpg

SAM_5442_zps614a43df.jpg

SAM_5443_zpsb1dfc4f1.jpg

SAM_5446_zps4e1e796a.jpg

Female
SAM_5420_zps90a97d8d.jpg

SAM_5427_zps6e4fa7ff.jpg

SAM_5445_zpsc4f15113.jpg

Both
SAM_5424_zpsf35359cb.jpg

SAM_5425_zpsc181a7a2.jpg

They're so cute
wub.png

SAM_5426_zps1d40a949.jpg

And one of the snails :3
SAM_5440_zps713f8955.jpg

SAM_5437_zpsfbf3ae23.jpg

SAM_5435_zps82007496.jpg

SAM_5444_zpsab03e456.jpg

The BN being sneaky
tongue2.gif

SAM_5431_zps0fc19b88.jpg

And here is a vid of the ocellatas
http://youtu.be/uoA8YK_Nw08

Great pics ninj :)

Why fake plants in the 29g?
Are goldies going in there?

But looking good, and agree think you would be done cycling if were not for the ph level dropping quite low, you'll get there :)

Ch4rlie said:
Great pics ninj
smile.png

Why fake plants in the 29g?
Are goldies going in there?

But looking good, and agree think you would be done cycling if were not for the ph level dropping quite low, you'll get there
smile.png
Thankies! :p

Yes the goldies are going in the 29g, and the fake plants are there for if/when they eat the live plants.
I'll keep putting live plants in there when I can but the fake plants are there to make sure if they're gone there will still be some green ^^

Patience I guess.. c:

The betta looks sad :p nice though haha

I like the rabbit snails, ive bought like 10 now and they all die :( o well i can only keep nerite snails alive and i dont even know how i never have any algae....

sawickib said:
The betta looks sad
tongue2.gif
nice though haha

I like the rabbit snails, ive bought like 10 now and they all die
sad.png
o well i can only keep nerite snails alive and i dont even know how i never have any algae....
All bettas look grumpy I think :p

I hope these ones will do well even though I have soft water, sorry you havn't been able to keep them. Maybe you don't have any algae because of your nerites? :D

Wow, Ninj, what fantastic tanks, :drool: I am in love with the dragons, absolutely stunning. My hubby would love those ** has idea of how to talk hubby into a 200l, rubs hands together** lol. Still not happy with my snail tank, looks bare, I shall prevail though, just wish the plants would hurry up and grow! Well done Ninj, fab, fab,fab xx

LilyRose Tank said:
Wow, Ninj, what fantastic tanks,
drool.gif
I am in love with the dragons, absolutely stunning. My hubby would love those ** has idea of how to talk hubby into a 200l, rubs hands together** lol. Still not happy with my snail tank, looks bare, I shall prevail though, just wish the plants would hurry up and grow! Well done Ninj, fab, fab,fab xx
Awww thank you so much Jayne! I'm really glad you like them. I love the dragons too, hehe. Hopefully your idea works :p

Your snail tank should look great once the plants start growing in! I'm not sure if I've seen it yet though? If I have then I apologize, I tend to forget easily. >.<

Hope the link works lol. Plants have grown a small amount since this was taken a few weeks ago x

I think it's a cute tank, especially like the vase and the orange stones. I think I do remember seeing it though..cause..I think I said to get a background :rofl:

So.. I think I've told some of ya'll about Discord (betta in my profile pic) getting pineconed when he was in the 20 long, possibly from gorging himself on the cories & snails food.
I was able to treat him with epsom salt and then moved him to his own 10g. Recently the pineconing came back and even with clean warm water and epsom salt it was not going away.

I just found him a little while ago, passed away. 

rip.gif
Discord, you're the most beautiful betta I've ever seen and I think you always will be. I love you and will miss you very much but am so glad you don't have to suffer anymore. :-(

Aw 
sad1.gif

bye2.gif
Discord

RIP little man

You gave him the very best and I'll bet he enjoyed your tank :)

Ch4rlie said:
Aw 
sad1.gif

bye2.gif
Discord

RIP little man

You gave him the very best and I'll bet he enjoyed your tank
smile.png
Nice of you to say, thanks Ch4rlie :)

daizeUK said:
Sorry for your loss Ninjou.
sad.png
Thanks, I'm sort of glad because I hated seeing him the way he was, pineconed and always on the bottom and barely reacting to me or even food. He's not suffering anymore :)

AquaPit said:
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png

My condolences....
sad.png
Thank you AP

Well, we needed to get some frozen food yesterday so stopped by PetCo & PetSmart. Of course I had to look at the bettas, I always do.
Out of the two we go to I prefer PetCo for their bettas as they are displayed better and usually the ones at PetSmart have some medication added to them and it makes it dark blue and difficult to see them.

I figured I may be bringing one home today and I was thinking of an orange/blue because my fiance Jacob seems to like that color combination, or an elephant ear because my dad likes them.
No orange/blue..after looking at every betta it seemed, I looked at the bottom of the display and saw a flash of purple and then the 'elephant ear' sticker, the only one and my favorite color is purple!

I picked him up and he was very active and grumpy and gorgeous. My dad walked up then and took a look..he liked him too (ofcourse).
smile.png
I set him back into the display and stood around.
Dad ended up asking if I want him and I said that I would love him but he is the most expensive type that they sell. He told me to get him and it turned out they were on sale
laugh.png
Yay!

So...now he's home with us. We did a 100% water change and I got him drip acclimating.
After a while I picked him up and put him in the tank and he swam around flailing his "ears" quite a lot, seeming to have trouble staying in one spot.

I cut some filter media and stuck it between the filter outlet and the lid of the tank. It seemed to work as after that he started going all over the place.

Of course I got some pics and a video
happy.png
Sorry for the novel on just purchasing a fish and getting him settled in.
SAM_5466_zps2a6820d1.jpg

SAM_5467_zpsf6683202.jpg

SAM_5468_zps3011ff01.jpg

SAM_5469_zpse1efade1.jpg

DERP FACE
SAM_5470_zps4fd8ca04.jpg

You can see the blue on his lip
smile.png

SAM_5472_zpsc19ece01.jpg

SAM_5473_zps94af1059.jpg

SAM_5475_zps77ea7578.jpg

His ventral fins are curly, can sort of see them in this pic.
SAM_5476_zps7ee6b49c.jpg

SAM_5479_zps2db5d500.jpg

SAM_5480_zpsac924724.jpg

Here's the vid:
http://youtu.be/iWkctDB57cY

I'd love name suggestions :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back