Newsletter

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

james_fish

Chuck, Leader Of Ze People.
Reaction score
I was looking at the 'Findependant' before and realised it was last wrote around January/February?

Well I was just wondering are there any plans for it at all, is there one under construction for any time soon? I know the mod's have other things to be doing of more importance in and around the forum, but I just thought it would be great for it to get going again. Even if only one per couple of months is published.

I think if a group of established members were to get together, then get a couple of mods on board it could be a go.

I will be the first to back this idea and put my name forward if any help shall be needed :good:
What are your thoughts? Please respond!

James.

i asked not so long back James...

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/334337-findependent/

And whats the latest from that? I mean we are 3 months on from then.
I really hope one is due soon, the last one was a good read!

James.

i didn't even know there was a newsletter - i guess i only really pay attention to the forums in general

Personally, I thought most of it was a waste of time. Of course a couple bits were good. But wasn't it all from the one person? I think it's too much for one person to do. Unless they're being paid.

Getting a group of people together is a great idea.

I can't remember what is in the last one (haven't really looked since it came out) but I have a couple of suggestions of possible content.

1. From the forums. A list (and links) of great/useful/interesting topics from the forum that some people might miss (I'm a busy person so I don't get to go through everything)
2. A cartoon. On my feed reader I have freelance freedom. They have a strip occasionally. Be cool if we had a capable member doing one. I'm sure Wills has the skill (who knows if he has time though)
3. I'm sure it had some games right? It wouldn't need too many.
4. An article (like a sticky post but written just for the findependant)
5. Events. Or if events have happened, if anyone went a write up. But knowing if things are happening would be great.

I think if we had 5 or 6 people all willing to put in 30 minutes or so, every couple of months you could do 6 issues a year. But I think finding someone to do all of it would be a challenge. Basically I'm looking at newspapers for inspiration. Think of the sections they have, convert to fishkeeping.

Most reactions

trending

Back