New To Hobby

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

spok2129

Reaction score
Hello my name is Spok2129. You may have noticed this is my first post so I am trying to get aquainted with you all. I have a question. I set-up a 20 gallon long in a very small bedroom. There wood bee no question except for this possible small problem. I have a expansive hi-fi (stereo, turntable, speakers of course) in the same room. Will this 20 gallon in my once again very small bedroom create too much humidity for the hi-fi? And the hi-fi puts out a crap-load of heat; would this be a problem or would the heater just adjust to it? Also I have a good heater (marineland). TIA

i don't think having hi-fi in the same room as your tank should be a problem. if you did think that the heat from the hi-fi would be a problem to the tank what i would of done before one single fish went in to the tank i would have the tank fully set up and running then i woulkd have the hi-fi on for a good while them i would check the water temp in the tank... andi would take things from there..

but like i said i cant see it being a problem unless the tank is sitting on a speaker with would not be a good thing as the vibrations from the speaker might scare the fish, or if the tank was sitting on top of the hi-fi which also would be a very silly move as water and electric dont get along very well. And why i said on top of the hi-fi that is the place where gets the hottest most of the times.

A heater can not cool a tank, so if something is overheating the tank, its overheating it...

Several members have reported their fish doing ok despite their stereo being near their tank. Moderation (not and easy thing with good R&R) would seem to be in order somewhat though...

~~waterdrop~~

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back