New Tank!!!!!

Surprised_Fishie

Reaction score
My dad has gone insane hehe. :lol:

He admires my tank so much he has bought this one

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...item=4338011957

and wants me to run it for him. My other tank is a community tank full of dinky fish (see sig) and was thinking what would make a good showcase tank.

I am gonna do a quick setup and exchange filter media and 25% of the water. Then leave the tank for a couple of weeks fully planted.

Sound like a plan?

your thoughts please my fishy comrades

:D

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
thats a nice tank (well i would say that i have 1 :p ) i took the jewel filter out and put an external on it (more space). fill it with wood and plants big shoal of rummies or somthing like that, couple of gangs of corys, obligatory small plec and some loaches.Then a show fish of your choice(dwarf cichlid or betta)

Nice :) 4 cories - you choose which species, I like leucomelas (blackfin cory? I think) and bronze cories are great too. One small pleco - bristlenose plecs are great! Get an opaline gourami - stunning fish when in good condition... And finnish it off with a school (8-9) of black phantom tetras - wow! Put some bogwood/driftwood in there some easy-to-care-for floating plants and a nice sand substrate...

Hey remember to feed the bacteria, don't just leave the tank for few weeks. Or you end up with 0 bacteria.

My dad did the exactly same trick. My little sister had tank only one month cycled when dad bought another one. He don't feel like taking care it thought so thats my job. But thats my own fault. I made my littlesister to want own tank. Now I take care three of my own tanks and my littlesisters and my dads. Don't get mem wrong, I like being busy with aquariums. The problem here is that I live in different locality than my parents. :D

Good luck with your new tank.

thapsus

There is no point exchanging the water. It'll make no difference. Stick with some used filter media and gravel from the mature tank to start the new one off.

Hmmm...£142

I have an empty Juwel Rio 240 which I am thinkig to sell for £200. Cant deliver though.

Well You could always go for the HUGE fish approach. Like an oscar :cool: or two. Some BIG catfish like Pictus or Ornates :cool: . Maybe a marble albino sailfin plec:cool: and your set at least for now.

Yea, go for a school of tetras or something like that. A pair of angelfish would be nice too. Some cories or loaches at the bottom would be great. Or a small pleco, do some searching for what you think you'd like.

But no oscars unfortunately, they'd each need more than a 33 US gallon I'm afraid. And Fishy411, is the 2.5 gallon the only tank you have? You might want to think about getting a bigger one...

If it's going to be a 'showcase' tank, make it a heavily planted tank with live plants and a large piece driftwood in the middle. A small school (8-10) of neons. Maybe one red-tail shark or a plakat to keep the schools a little 'nervous'. Nervous tetra tend to stay in a shoal and would look nice moving as a group. :)

Cool guys thanks for you input :)

My preliminary list is

6 corys
2 angels

and then i get stuck. lol too many fish, too many too small :no:

blah tank isnt tall enuff for angels.

so

6 corys

and thats it

altho in my 3 gallon im gonna put a male betta in so he can look ferocious and beautiful :p

How about harlequin rasboras (excellent shoaling fish) and pearl gouramies (large, beautiful and peaceful) with the cories?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back