New Scape (60L).... Now .... ' Iwagumi Without A Twist '

JenCliBee

PleC & CorY MaD
Reaction score
Hi peeps, i finally found the time to scape the 60L i brought a few weeks back. The style is iwagumi but with a slight twist due to me using various plants instead of the traditional 1 or 2.

Specs.....

Tank:
Juwel rekord 700.

Lighting:
1x 15w.

Filtration + heating:
Currently a fluval 2+ & fluval U2 (will be changed to an external once i get round to getting one).

Substrate:
Cat litter.

Hardscape:
Dragon stone.

Plants:
Blyxa japonica and staurogyne repens, unsure of others yet.

Ferts:
Dosing regime

Mon, Wed, Fri..... 20ml macro
Tue, Thu, Sat..... 15ml trace
Sun..... 20ml of macro then just before lights out 50% water change

Easy carbo..... 5ml daily.

Inhabitants:
Currently there is 9 albino black neons and 3 guppies... will be adding some more neons, oto's and a mixture of different 'non' cross breeding shrimp.

The layout isnt anything special but effective (in my eyes at least ;)).... because of the low light and just carbon im really not keen on trying HC so at the moment im very unsure as to what else to add, maybe glosso?.

Right, now for the pics....

afc8b267.jpg

4bb8bd12.jpg

afc8b267.jpg

2c5db371.jpg

1c511c30.jpg

Pic to show depth at the rear....

f0a638cc.jpg

Filled with water (take no notice of equipment, this will be removed at some point....

182b3ac6.jpg

703b5259.jpg

b942ffe7.jpg

Comments and suggestions welcome as always :)

i looks good so far it will be nice to see it with the plants and fish in there

may I ask where you got the rock from? I've been looking for something like it for my tank

i looks good so far it will be nice to see it with the plants and fish in there

may I ask where you got the rock from? I've been looking for something like it for my tank

Thanks mate... plants are being posted tomorrow so with any luck..tues/weds some will be in :)

The rock came with this tank but you can get it online from the green machine or aqua essentials.

Looks great mate, just be careful those rocks don't get lost when planted. You're going to have to get the planting spot on with this one mate. Are you planning on getting an external for this tank?

Also that cat litter is the image of JBL Monado!

Looks great mate, just be careful those rocks don't get lost when planted. You're going to have to get the planting spot on with this one mate. Are you planning on getting an external for this tank?

Also that cat litter is the image of JBL Monado!

Cheers mate, yes there will be an external with inline heater eventually... if i can get my back side into gear that is lol... but for now these are cycled and working well untill i do obtain one.

As to the planting... im still not 100% what i will be using but i agree it will have to be planted well enough to suit the scape im sure i will work it out when i start though (hopefully) ;).

Just googled the monado and yes it does look very similar lol.... mine was far cheaper though ;)

Great rock placement and sculpture of the substrate. :good:

Looking great! Can't wait to get my cat litter now! Is it the same stuff in the link you sent me?

Looking great! Can't wait to get my cat litter now! Is it the same stuff in the link you sent me?

Great rock placement and sculpture of the substrate. :good:

Cheers mate :good:

:good: ... Yes mate, it's the same stuff... just be sure to give a very good wash beforehand :)

Well today i scaped with what plants i had delivered, unfortunately i did it the lazy way and only half drained the tank which made planting much harder (couldn't be bother to fully drain and take the fish out lol)..... it's a little cloudy still but should clear by tomorrow.

I hate scaping iwagumi unless im doing some sort of carpet usually HC, without makes it more difficult to get a balance as to not hide the rock work, haven't got a clue what this is gonna turn out like nor what other plants i could add (any suggestions?)... but for now it's in place and we will have to just wait and see how it ends up :rolleyes: .

I have been thinking of upping the lighting in this tank, if i do so then i may actually rip everything out and start from scratch :/ and do a HC carpet but again we will see.

Enough of me rambling, a single pic untill it clears up and then i will try and get some better ones :).

fc173425.jpg

Thanks for looking

Most reactions

Back