New Malawi Setup.comments Please.

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Because my tank is a Juwel,the opening at the back only has space to fit the inlet and i had to replace the outlet spraybar with a `hook` which just about fits.Circulation is great but no bubbles.

On the Juwel filter i have an air adapter which fits on the outlet side of the pipe and this allows air to be injected,the only trouble with it is that because it is attached to the outlet and it comes out at some force the bubbles are all over the tank and makes it look a bit odd with millions of tiny bubbles everywhere. :no:

Well that is a god sign on there being alot of O2 in the tank but aslong as you have a good water surface movemant and can see a few bubbles i wouldnt worry about it to much you could get an air pump if you wanted.

I took out the bogwood like you all suggested and said to the wife that it will go into another tank.
`ANOTHER TANK` she replied? :no:

Looks like i am going to do something real nice,like get her some chockies or something. :D

Thanks Tigerman.

All parameters on my tank are almost there,ammonia 0 nitrite 0,i just need to get myself a nitrate test kit and i should be ready for shopping this weekend.Maybe just boost the PH a tad as it still reads 7.5. :)

Bought my first six fishes today,i`ll give it another week before introducing some more.

3 Labidochromis caeruleus
3 Pseudotropheus crabro

I need to get plenty more i know but i want to get these little beauties settled in first.

I also bought a small Java fern to inject a little colour in the decor department.

Pics to follow soon.

New fish are enjoying the new surroundings.I`ll get some pics soon.

One question i have is:I have a new tub of Tetra Pro fish flakes,the one with the Energy Crisp.Can i feed these to my Malawi`s i have bought other food but it seems a waste to throw a new tub away.

The food i have bought are Mini Shrimp from Promin and a tub of Spirulina sticks from Nutrafin,i also have some frozen Mysis.Any other suggestions regarding foods?

New pic with fish,but too small to see properly.
I will do some tonight when the lighting is best suited.

And thanks Blitztidus for your post. :)

DSCN0796.jpg

A couple of pics of my first malawi`s,still getting to grips with my camera but with practice i can only get better.
The fish are of those in my sig.

DSCN0816.jpg

DSCN0806-1.jpg

I still cant stop the yellowing of the picture,be assured it is my camera technique not the water, i promiss. :)

Lovely fish and pics Guppy Dave! Your tank is awesome, it doesn't have the 'bare' look that some Malawi tanks have.

Another plant that would do well in your tank, and look great, is anubias nana, fix it to some driftwood or rocks but make sure the roots are exposed or it will die. Fish, even cichlids, seem to like this plant and leave it alone.

Thanks Splish.

I will look into Anubias,but what light conditions does it need.I dont really want to have the tank light on for 8 hours a day if i can help it.At the moment i have the lights on for about 4 and a half hours a day.

Today i saw some Peacocks with a green dorsal and caudal finage,at least i think they were Peacocks.I dont know the name exactly but LFS said they were Calico malawi,anyone heard of these and what are the temperament of these fish.

I am also looking into getting some Demasoni but they have none in stock,although i do know where to get them from elsewhere.

By the way,the new fish say Hi. :)

I bought three more fish today,the name on the shop tank says its an C.Edwardi,could it be Cynotilapia afra Edwardi - Cobue.I have tried to find the exact fish but having no luck at present.
The pic is blurred because i could not get a good shot of the blighters.

:crazy:

DSCN0871-1.jpg

I have been told that these fish are Ps,Acei yellowtail,can anyone confirm this as the id from the shop was somewhat different claiming it to be Cynotilapia Edwardi,my this is confusing.
Lurvely fishes though all the same. :)

Most reactions

Back