Gold gourami
Dwarf fire gourami
Dalmatian Molly
Black skirted tetra
Neon green tetra
Silver dollar
Denison bard
Blue mystery snail
It is a very lively tank. All the fish have there own personality. I enjoy watching them all enter act with each other. I want to a few more fish. I just haven't decided what I want to get. I just recently planted some bulbs in the tank. So I am waiting for them to sprout. That will add some much needed personality to the tank. I think every tank needs live plants. But that's just me. I had a few problems when I set this tank up this time. But everything is going great now.
Any advice on these type of fish would help. I have had several tanks before. But other then Molly's and tetra I'm still learning.

Hi welcome aboard!:)

Kissing gourami can reach 8-12 inches in a couple of years and can become chasy to other fish so watch out for that. It'll need rehoming too when that happens.

Silver dollars also reach 4-6 inches in over a year and will usually become semi-aggressive to other fishes and will therefore need rehoming too.

Other than that, nice fishes and enjoy your fishies! Just preparing you if ever other members starts pointing out citations for you hehe :)

Do you just have 1 of each tetra and the barb? Not sure if silver dollars need groups or not ;o

Ninjouzata said:
Do you just have 1 of each tetra and the barb? Not sure if silver dollars need groups or not ;o
Edit:
Tetras and silver dollars are both schooling fishes.
smile.png

Edit2: Both of them need to be in groups of 6.

l_l_l said:

Edit:
smile.png

Exactly what I was getting at, though should've said it. Thanks for letting me know about the silver dollars. ^_^ They destroy plants don't they?

Ninjouzata said:

Edit:
smile.png

Exactly what I was getting at, though should've said it. Thanks for letting me know about the silver dollars.
happy.png
They destroy plants don't they?

I have never had silver dollars but I heard they rip through every single plant they can see, even silk ones...
And if they aren't kept in proper schooling, they will be even worse!

l_l_l said:
Edit:
Tetras and silver dollars are both schooling fishes. :)
Exactly what I was getting at, though should've said it. Thanks for letting me know about the silver dollars. ^_^ They destroy plants don't they?

I have never had silver dollars but I heard they rip through every single plant they can see, even silk ones...
And if they aren't kept in proper schooling, they will be even worse!

Those are not rumors lol.. :D

Most reactions

trending

Back