New here... need some adivice on killis

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Most shops do not carry many if any killifish. However, they do have access to them on a regular basis. Shops don't carry them because they don't sell readily and rather than wasting a tank on a 6-10 killifish, they use the tank for neons or guppies.

If you talk to your local pet shop and ask them to check their supply list, they should be able to tell you what killifish they can get in and give you a price for them. They can range in price from $5 to $30ea or more, depending on how common they are and what species. But Epiplaty dageti and some of the Aphyosemion are usually pretty cheap and readily available.

There are also killifish societies/ clubs and a lot of their members send eggs through the mail. Killifish eggs can take a week or more to hatch and travel pretty well in a small plastic phial with a bit of water in. In species like Nothobranchius killifish, the eggs are kept in damp peat and can remain there for months. To get them to hatch you put the peat in water and the eggs hatch within 24 hours of being in water.

Well i havent been able to find epiplatys dageti anywhere and my bettas shipment was postponed for like a month due to issues with overseas payment :/ i stuck a betta I alteady have in the tank with the GW killis and they all seem fine with each other so hopefully when the Imbellis pair finally arrives they be ok. Im considering getting another female killi so I have 3 plus the imbellis pair. Any thoughts on that?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back