New Guppy Babies!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Lockhaart

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I just have some questions as to my new fry. I did a little water change today and my only guppy started popping out babies (I had some more, but i've had them a while and the last one of the two died last week) thankfully I was there, got my breeding cage and caught as many as I could (she got some before me!) and have caught a few since, which leads to around 20 fry in my breeding cage now. I had 6 fry about 3 months ago, 2 died and the others have slowly died since, one today and I don't really know why, they had been doing fine every time I checked on them and they were getting food I made sure of it, water is fine, maybe it's one of those things! Anyways, with those ones, they'd actually been out and hiding in the water a few days before I spotted them, and had kind of figured out about food and that it comes on top, but these ones are so new I want to get it right! I don't have room for a tank seperate for them so they have to stay in the breeding box, but will they figure out how to eat by themselves? I have some liquifry stuff which I bought for the last lot, but they were never bothered about it as I had been giving them very crushed up flakes, what do I do to make sure they survive?

I'm not even sure if they're pure guppy! I have some endlers in there, 5 of them and they never leave her alone, and I thought the one who died last week was a female, but I could be wrong so it'd be interesting to see if they're part endler!

Any help would be appreciated!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back