New fish species discovered

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

SEE? SEE? SEE?

SEE WHAT YOU CAN FIND IN RAINFORESTS??? :hyper:

I'm gonna have to go around telling all my friends "I TOLD YA SO!!" now. I'm a bigtime environmental freak. I swear, the cure for AIDS is probably out there in the rainforest somewhere; either that, or we've already inadvertantly destroyed it in our greed-driven frenzy of destruction.

Completely agree, the rain forrest is an amazing place. So many natural remedies for illness, so many species of animals and many still to be discovered.

I believe theres a natural cure for aids in there somewhere. Just hope people find it before its cut down to make way for a McDonalds or something :crazy:

By the way did you know theres a McDonalds right across from the Pyramids in Egypt !! Madness.

paul

I wanna see some pics of the other fish :sad: Well i will just look at my fish for a while :D their cuter anyways.

That's pretty. Kinda like a neon, but without the blue stripe. I want some. :D

I agree, that is a good looking fish, hopefully can be bred and in shops soon.

Finding new fish species is not all that uncommon an occurence. In the past year they have discovered several new varieties of Apistogramma (popular dwarf cichlids), and are also searching to save as many varieties of goodeid as possible before their habitat is destroyed in Mexico. This is just what i have read about, I'm sure there is much more.

We have no idea what is out there. But we claim imminent domain over all of it, then proceed to destroy it. :S :(

Yeah I agree I would like some of those fruit eating Piranha's! Be kind of fun. But after awhile I started to get a little sad when my brothers fish destroyed feeder fish. He also had Gars that were pretty Gnarly with feeder fish too. :byebye:

I like the Tetra, very pretty. I can't wait until they can be bred. It is horrible what they do to the rainforest though, there is so much unknown out there, and people just cut it down like it was nothing.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back