New Cories Coming My Way!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Barracuda518

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Sometime Wednesday, I will be getting my second order from Frank (Coryologist). I am getting Scleromystax kronei, Corydoras nattereri and some Adult Albino C. Aeneus that I know of. There are always surprises in boxes of cories Frank sends, so I cant wait!!

I will post pictures as soon as I can :good:

Good for you. :good: It is always nice to get new fishy. As you may know I got 4 new Corys this month. Which it doubled by my variety of Corys. Speaking of new Corys I have few questions.

Do you know how big do the "green Laser" get? I got them group but they are still small and wondering how big do they get?

Also how many tanks do you have to house all those Corys you have? And what kind of filtering system do you have?(lately I am start to wonder that if I need more time efficient system. MTS is getting worse and HOB, sponge, powerhead seems not cutting anymore.)

Thanks for your time.

Do you know how big do the "green Laser" get? I got them group but they are still small and wondering how big do they get?

I would say the Green Lasers get around 2.5" Mine are not full grown yet and are probably close to 2". I know Frank has a spawning group, so he might be able to answer that.

Also how many tanks do you have to house all those Corys you have? And what kind of filtering system do you have?(lately I am start to wonder that if I need more time efficient system. MTS is getting worse and HOB, sponge, powerhead seems not cutting anymore.)

Right now, I have 2 30 gallons and 2 55 gallons. I have just set up 2 more 10 gallons and a 20 gallon long. I have an empty 30 and 10 gallon that will be set up soon to. Im in the process of setting up a 10 gallon for each species. I might set up 20 longs too, I havent decided yet. Right now Im using HOB filters that are bigger then the tank requires (2 55 gallon filters on each 55 gallon, etc.) Im going to order some sponge filters too from a site Frank told me about.

Good for you. :good: It is always nice to get new fishy. As you may know I got 4 new Corys this month. Which it doubled by my variety of Corys. Speaking of new Corys I have few questions.

Thanks for your time.

No problem, Im happy to help however I can :good:

Congrats on getting the new corys! I love getting new fish. Just makes looking into the tanks more interesting. Cant wait to see the pics. That reminds me i need to take some pics...

That's great, Barracuda! I wish Frank would send me some fish--hint hint hint--Did you order through AB?

The green lasers seem to be small. But WOW! I just took mine out of the 10 usg and put them in a 29 with the Jari zebra Plecs, two simulatus, a caudimaculatus and a dozen harlequins. They almost glow in the dark! If they never breed, they are jewels in the tank. But they are getting happier since I moved them. I am tempted to order a few more.

That's great, Barracuda! I wish Frank would send me some fish--hint hint hint--Did you order through AB?
I had been talking to him for a while about the S. kronei and I saw he had an auction on Aquabid, so I made sure I bid on them and I won :good: I also got the C. nattereri from another auction that was going on at the same time.

The green lasers seem to be small. But WOW! I just took mine out of the 10 usg and put them in a 29 with the Jari zebra Plecs, two simulatus, a caudimaculatus and a dozen harlequins. They almost glow in the dark! If they never breed, they are jewels in the tank. But they are getting happier since I moved them. I am tempted to order a few more.
Yeah, the green lasers are nice. The laser gets even brighter as they grow. They are a bit more difficult to spawn then the others. Ive still got those 6 I bought a year ago, but they havent spawned yet. They were also young when I got them.

Well they are here and Frank didnt let me down. In addition to the Scleromystax kronei and Corydoras nattereri, Frank also sent me some young Scleromystax prionotos, Scleromystax barbatus, and Corydoras ehrhardti.

The Scleromystax kronei are already showing good colors. All have some growing to do, which is always good to raise them up in my local water.

I will try to get some pictures, but they need some time to adjust.

Well they are here and Frank didnt let me down. In addition to the Scleromystax kronei and Corydoras nattereri, Frank also sent me some young Scleromystax prionotos, Scleromystax barbatus, and Corydoras ehrhardti.

The Scleromystax kronei are already showing good colors. All have some growing to do, which is always good to raise them up in my local water.

Well, Frank certainly outdoes all the others. Looking forward to the picts.

Tell us something about these species. I am totally unfamiliar with them. Are they the ones that are more aggressive?

Well, Frank certainly outdoes all the others. Looking forward to the picts.

Tell us something about these species. I am totally unfamiliar with them. Are they the ones that are more aggressive?

Which species are you talking about?

How do you find his listing?
How do you know when he has fish listed?
Thanks!

How do you find his listing?
How do you know when he has fish listed?
Thanks!

He lists them on Aqaubid. I just check Aquabid often.

I also will email him and see what he has for sell at the time. He spawns a lot of cories and has some younger ones he sells.

I suppose you list under Coryologist? You can search the listings under a member's name. I looked a day or so ago, and there were none in the Corydoras section.

I have shied away from the Scleromystax because I was told they could get nasty and required some different handling. But I like the retro look. :hyper:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back