New Camera -- New Cories (hopefully)

Here is the latest update on the babies, now more than a month old they are doing great! At last count I counted 12, but that does not mean that there are only 12 just at least 12 lol. They are now complete miniatures of their parents, as you can see:

BabyPandas.jpg

I am so happy that they are doing as well as they are, but again, I did not expect this many to survive!! Now I have a bunch of Pandas on my hands lol.

Rez B)

Hi Rez :)

I'm glad to see that your babies are doing so well. There are few fish as cute as baby pandas! :wub:

This is the first time I have seen this thread, it is adorable!! Congratulations!

It has been quite some time since I updated everyone to the status of the baby Panda Cories. They are all still alive, save one who died suddenly for no apparent reason about 3 weeks ago. They are now of good size and eating heartily. They are now the spitting image of thir parents only about a 1/3 as big they are growing rapidly and eating bloodworm, Hikari sinking wafers, and ocasionaly(wating for new culture to mature) live Grindal worms.

Here are my Pandas and Abinos at the dinner table. In this picture you can see the size of the babies compared to the adults.

Babies.jpg

Rez B)

Hi Rez :)

Your little babies are doing great! :thumbs:

Pandas are not the fastest growing of the cory, at least in my experience, but yours are getting big fast. Your tank and water must be perfect for them. :D

Wow, those got very big, very soon. Good job raising them, they look great. Any idea on what you're going to do with all of them?

Hi Rez, Congrats! :) This is the first time I've seen the thread and its quite amazing seeing your baby pandas grow in such a short space of time! :)

Did you have to do anything in particular for the panda corys to breed or do they do it naturally? I've got 6 bronze corys and wouldn't mind seeing them breed too!

Wow, those got very big, very soon. Good job raising them, they look great. Any idea on what you're going to do with all of them?

I am not quite sure yet what I am going to do with them I will probably just keep them. I inquired at a few fishstores about taking a few of them, but they were not interested, I find it amazing that considering I can no longer find pandas in my area that no store would be willing to take them. Oh well I'll just have to upgrade and get a new aquarium for them I guess. ;)

Rez B)

Hi Rez, Congrats! :) This is the first time I've seen the thread and its quite amazing seeing your baby pandas grow in such a short space of time! :)

Did you have to do anything in particular for the panda corys to breed or do they do it naturally? I've got 6 bronze corys and wouldn't mind seeing them breed too!

My 6 pandas pretty much breed non-stop I feed them frozen bloodworm, Hikari sinking wafers, and live Grindal Worms. There are usually eggs on the glass every week or so, but since I have so many now I have not been trying to raise the new eggs however, I still see new pandas in my tank all of the time. I notice that when they are fed the live worms they reproduce more however. Well good luck with the bronzes, usually C. Aeneus are not hard to breed, when they are mature and have a good environment with a good number of males and females where they are fed good quality food, it is usually hard to keep them from breeding :lol:

Rez B)

Im looking into geting some of these and breed them after my guppy and platy babies are gone. What are your water parameters? Are these harder to breed than c. aenus? Any special tips you have?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back