New Aquatic Pet, But Its Not A Fish!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Lovely Squirtle CFC. :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

I know quiet alot about reptiles but I have never heard of these things
Im also guessing that these turtle are like a fully aquatic turtle?

Yep they are one of only two fully aquatic freshwater turtle species in the world, the other is the South American Mata mata turtle but that ones a fish eater and not safe to keep even with larger fish.

The other name for these turtles is Pignose turtles.

[ its certainly a rare occasion when you come face to face with a 6 foot long American Alligator!

I see them all the time here in Florida in ponds, canals, rivers, lakes, streams, and even swimming pools :lol: The things are even considered a menace sometimes. Nice turtle, I don't think I've ever seen one of these species before.

I'm so jealous as I love turteles and was looking at one in Pier yesterday that look similar and was only about 4 inches long. It kept burying in the sand

Isi tvery active CFC as that would be a fantastic sight and add to the interest of that great tank of yours!!

Maka Maka turtles are ace. an anaconda programme with that cockney guy I watched the other week had one with a huge mouth... very sharp looking beak!!

Awesome, would be a cool thing to own.
As they're a turtle im guessing it could live for a long time?

Your so lucky CFC and the turtle is pretty lucky too.

I've never heard of those kinds of turtles, but a LFS near me has a big mata mata turtle that someone dropped on their doorstep. Yours is really cute :wub: , mata matas on the other hand are sorta ugly.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back