New Addition, Some Kind Of Cichlid But What Type? Id Help!

Kev_A

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Feb 13, 2006
Messages
120
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Spotted this little guy in a local LFS, he was in a tank full of Tetras and had obviously been put in by mistake, I bought him as I think he is a really nice looking fish, I love his colours but I'm having trouble identifying him, anyone know what he is?

17062009507.jpg
 
Looks like a ram to me.
Not sure which one however.
Just a little bit of advise I give.
Please! research the fish before you buy them.
I made this mistake, and many others have.
It could turn out fine, but could turn out very bad.

YF
 
I thought for a moment it looked very much like Apistogramma panduro
Probably not
Can we have some mor full on shots please
Regards
C
 
I think it is an Apisto. sp

Very similar, but I think A. panduro's have a more spade like tail..
I know hence why I asked for more pics
Regards
BigC
 
dont think so, look at the colors on the tail, look at the lack of black extensions at the front of the dorsal and the color along the top of the dorsal.
id say Anomalochromis thomasi, lacking in the vertical stripes but i have seen other thomasi showing lack of stripes.
i had four, very attractive fish and stay at a relatively small size but was very nasty to my other fish and killed my L191 panaque!
David
 

Most reactions

Back
Top