New 1000 Gallon

Water is around 9lb's a gallon... so yeah 4.5 tons + rock is insane, but SO COOL! Good luck with this dude, and take some pics!

My goodness, 1000 gallons!! I hope that's going into a basement because I'm not certain an average load bearing wall could handle that, unless the floor was reinforced. That would fill my entire living-room! Can't wait to see some pictures :good:

You're looking at reinforced concrete, probably going to have to cut a section out of the concrete slab & repour if it's going into a residential building. While the slab is concrete, it's only designed to take what would be normally expected in a residence. 8,000+ pounds with a comparatively small footprint that has to remain stable would require the services of a structural engineer.

So drop the ray anything else about the stock as for eels I was thinking spotted garden and I like the orange face butterfly

what sort of dimensions are you looking at btw?

If its going in the wall its not going to be much wider than 8inchs

which leaves you to maximum of 4inch fish

WOW, this looks to be quite a project. You have not mentioned dimensions yet, but like most have mentioned the bearing for this tank will be quite massive without steel reinforcement. Have you made any head way in figuring a dimension? I may be new to SW aquariums, but I am quite interested on how you are going to support this massive tank!

my dad told me he would instal a 1000 gallon tank into my wall for FREE :hyper: i have a bunch of ideas for stock

flame angel
coral beauty angel
suggestions for a large angel i cant decide
some bartletts anthias
maybe a teira batfish
auriga butterfly
black+white heniochus
copperband butterfly
golden buttrfly
a few TANKRAISED banggais
a pair of ocellaris clowns
a school of green chromis
a single or pair of firefish
a royal gramma or orchid dottyback
a foxface rabbitfish
a blue spot ray
a picasso trigger
a sixline wrasse
a hawaiian cleaner wrasse
a blonde and regular naso
a blue tang
a yellow tang
a sailfin tang
a powder blue tang
a powder brown tang
and a purple tang
any coments would be awsome thanks
I hear that most tangs are very peaceful! ;)

my dad told me he would instal a 1000 gallon tank into my wall for FREE :hyper: i have a bunch of ideas for stock

flame angel
coral beauty angel
suggestions for a large angel i cant decide
some bartletts anthias
maybe a teira batfish
auriga butterfly
black+white heniochus
copperband butterfly
golden buttrfly
a few TANKRAISED banggais
a pair of ocellaris clowns
a school of green chromis
a single or pair of firefish
a royal gramma or orchid dottyback
a foxface rabbitfish
a blue spot ray
a picasso trigger
a sixline wrasse
a hawaiian cleaner wrasse
a blonde and regular naso
a blue tang
a yellow tang
a sailfin tang
a powder blue tang
a powder brown tang
and a purple tang
any coments would be awsome thanks

have fun cleaning all the water
when you accidently drop the tank

Any updates on this? I will definately be following, seems pretty epic.

Any updates on this? I will definately be following, seems pretty epic.

The op in this thread is very young, but a very nice person. We've had some correspondence. I don't think this tank is going to happen, but a tank of more reasonable size may be in the works for the future. This was sort of a dream tank. :)

A very nice dream indeed. Who wouldn't want a 1000 gallon reef tank? And I wouldn't go predator or anything either. I'd keep a really nice peaceful reef. It'd be very cool.

L

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back