Need some advice on seeds

Robbie-2014

New Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2014
Messages
10
Reaction score
3
Points
3
Location
GB
I need some advice. I have a planted 200 litre tank. When I was setting up the tank I had brought some grass seeds of Amazon. Now the seeds are slowly getting out of control. I’m just wondering if they reseed? The grass is a nuisance since it’s none stop lifting up and getting tangled up with the plants and blocking the filter holes. It’s called a small double leaf on Amazon. Is there anyway to get rid of it? Or does it mean I have to start over.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4070.webp
    IMG_4070.webp
    189.9 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_4079.webp
    IMG_4079.webp
    149.9 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_4074.webp
    IMG_4074.webp
    265.2 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_4078.webp
    IMG_4078.webp
    281.4 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_4077.webp
    IMG_4077.webp
    297.9 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_4076.webp
    IMG_4076.webp
    318.7 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_4075.webp
    IMG_4075.webp
    303 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_4071.webp
    IMG_4071.webp
    110.9 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_4072.webp
    IMG_4072.webp
    144.8 KB · Views: 116
They won't have produced any seed at that size/ age, and they will need to grow out of the water to produce flowers and seed.

The packet says 7500 pcs (seeds), so you have a lot of seeds in there. :)

About the only way to remove them would be to gravel clean the substrate and hope you can suck them up.
 
They won't have produced any seed at that size/ age, and they will need to grow out of the water to produce flowers and seed.

The packet says 7500 pcs (seeds), so you have a lot of seeds in there. :)

About the only way to remove them would be to gravel clean the substrate and hope you can suck them up
They won't have produced any seed at that size/ age, and they will need to grow out of the water to produce flowers and seed.

The packet says 7500 pcs (seeds), so you have a lot of seeds in there. :)

About the only way to remove them would be to gravel clean the substrate and hope you can suck them up.
Thank you so much. I was starting to wonder that I may have gone and made a big mistake. I have been pulling it up. We have been working on the tank most of the day. I have got rid of most of it that I can see. It does look a lot better I say.
We will keep on top of it.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4080.webp
    IMG_4080.webp
    219.7 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_4081.webp
    IMG_4081.webp
    334.3 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_4082.webp
    IMG_4082.webp
    292.1 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_4083.webp
    IMG_4083.webp
    297 KB · Views: 88
The plant looks like duck weed? But could be some kind of hemianthus? Like Cuba?

I’m very torn on the whole seeds things as it shouldn’t work but I have seen some people succeed. There are a lot of seeds sold that will never succeed as they are not suitable for underwater life. But 100% there are some people that have succeeded but i don’t know where they have come from.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top