Mollygirls
Fish Fanatic
Hello everyone,
Its been awhile since I last posted however I couldnt think of a better place to get idea's and suggestions.
My kids school has a 55 gallon tank with 4 HUGE goldfish, 2 fancy goldfish and 4 tetra's.. The tank is filthy, the fish are dying one by one and the school thinks that its easier to buy pleco's to clean the tank then to clean it themselves
? When the pleco dies they flush it and get another.. sigh
Anyway I have volunteered to take over the tank and I want to change it to a tropical tank. The goldfish are way too big to be happy (in my opinion) so I am rehoming them. One of the teachers has decided to set up a tank in her classroom for the children (she has tanks at home and will care for them) I am trying to rehome the HUGE goldfish into a pond..
However that isnt the issue.. The issue is what to put in the tank once I clean it and "re" cycle it.. I am not happy with it as it sits as the filters are overflowing with gunk and its so bad its falling into the tank.. I really think this tank needs to be torn down and cleaned however if anyone thinks I could just clean it without tearing it down and setting it up again I would be glad to take advice!
Once it is ready for fish this is where I need a bit of help.. The school colours are Yellow and black.. I am wondering what yellow and black fish I could get that would be happy together in a 55 gallon..
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!
Thanks
Its been awhile since I last posted however I couldnt think of a better place to get idea's and suggestions.
My kids school has a 55 gallon tank with 4 HUGE goldfish, 2 fancy goldfish and 4 tetra's.. The tank is filthy, the fish are dying one by one and the school thinks that its easier to buy pleco's to clean the tank then to clean it themselves
? When the pleco dies they flush it and get another.. sighAnyway I have volunteered to take over the tank and I want to change it to a tropical tank. The goldfish are way too big to be happy (in my opinion) so I am rehoming them. One of the teachers has decided to set up a tank in her classroom for the children (she has tanks at home and will care for them) I am trying to rehome the HUGE goldfish into a pond..
However that isnt the issue.. The issue is what to put in the tank once I clean it and "re" cycle it.. I am not happy with it as it sits as the filters are overflowing with gunk and its so bad its falling into the tank.. I really think this tank needs to be torn down and cleaned however if anyone thinks I could just clean it without tearing it down and setting it up again I would be glad to take advice!
Once it is ready for fish this is where I need a bit of help.. The school colours are Yellow and black.. I am wondering what yellow and black fish I could get that would be happy together in a 55 gallon..
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!
Thanks
/diszhal-info.extra.hu/halak/Ameca_splendens.jpg







