Need help ID-ing this plant please

Emeraldtarpon

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi TFFers,
I purchased a plant from my LFS but its tag was missing and the staff had no idea what it is.
It's still in its pot, ive just popped it in my aquarium for now until i work out where to put it.
Any help ID-ing this plant would be very much appreciated...thanks guys.
IMG_5977.JPG

Also, there's a few little black spots on the leaves here and there (its not too bad) in particular, around the bottom of the plant (the older foliage).The mid to top of the plant is clean.
Is this anything to be concerned about or is it just a normal cycle as the foliage ages?
Many thanks.

I think its a Rotala species - possibly H'ra but there are a few that go pinky red. It looks like the submerged form so has been grown underwater - any brown spots will probably be a nutrient deficiency but once you get it planted, under good lights and add ferts it will start growing :)

Thank you for your reply Wills, i appreciate it.
I was thinking Rotala but was unsure.
I dont think the plants at the LFS are fed so a nutrient deficiency makes sense.
There are 2 goldfish in with the plants so id say that is their only form of nutrients.
Im aiming to keep the plant compact/bushy by tip pruning it on a regular basis.

I added a dose of Fluval Micro + Iron to my tank this afternoon and within a couple of hours, the foliage had taken on a richer hue.
Even though its only a micro fert' (with iron) the results are quite impressive.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back