Nat's 125 Litre Juwel Rio Marine!

your tank looks good nat. ;)

i am getting my river reef this week and excited about setting it up. marine is all new to me 2.

Dimensions of Deltec MCE300 Protein Skimmer:

* L 165mm W 175mm H 450mm (normal position).
* H 620mm (allowing for removal of the cup).
* Height above lip of aquarium - normal position 170mm.
* Width of body only external to tank 100mm.
* Pipes extend by 95mm from skimmer body.

lol, why do they have to make everything so confusing :S

that makes me think first, that its 17.5cm thats neede behind the tank, but then it mentioned the width of the body only to the tank as being 10cm :X

ive pm'd someone who has one running on their tank, so hopefully i will be able to understand it.. eventually :huh:

I've just found the two different models for pretty much the same price (£13-ish), so can't decide between 3000l/h or 5000l/h. Would it be too much flow if I got the 5000l/h? I really appreciate this help by the way! Don't know what I'd do without this forum!

I will be using the 3000/LPH in my 65L tank.
And yep, i didn't notice the one i brought had suction cups. It keeps falling off the glass. :lol:

good you brought the magnet one!

I can assure you that the width is certainly not 17.5 - I run the 600 and just measured it for you - its 8.70 cm ish. My daughter runs the 300 and it looks the same width wise

Seffie x

I can assure you that the width is certainly not 17.5 - I run the 600 and just measured it for you - its 8.70 cm ish. My daughter runs the 300 and it looks the same width wise

Seffie x
:D good news, if anyone has one, can they do a quick measure up!

Here you go, hit the dimensions pdf button :good:

http://www.theaquariumsolution.com/mce300-skimmer

Seffie x

I've got half the water in my tank now and up to temperature, I've got another 50litres waiting until I get my live rock in tomorrow. Just using the Juwel pump and heater at the moment, awaiting my many ebay items to arrive.

100_6571.jpg

I've got 2 bags of Aragonite sand too (just in case I want to get coral in the future) ready to go in after my rock. Can't wait to get it all set up and looking nice!

100_6572.jpg

I bet you're excited!

Definitely! Can't wait until I've got the rock in and everything is running ok. It's been a mad rush after finding that person who's got the live rock as they were going to take it to the LFS this week. Couldn't miss out on it though. Want my ebay stuff to arrive so I can do a proper job of it all!

I know what its like. I'm like a cat on a hot tin roof, waiting for the postman to arrive some days lol.

Right, I'm still on the look out for live rock sadly. Does anybody have any suggestions of where I can get it online?

Local Freeads paper/website
http://www.aquarist-classifieds.co.uk/ Just perform a search on there for live rock. There may be someone in your area breaking down a tank.
Ebay

Other than that you'll be paying top prices from the retailers I'm afraid.

Just found this site selling Live Rock for £8.50 per kg if I'm getting 14kg. That's not bad is it?
http://www.aquaticstoyourdoor.co.uk/Cured-Live-Rock.html

I'm just wondering, how long can I store ready mixed saltwater in my big jerry cans? I've had some for a couple of days now as I thought I was getting my live rock a few days ago. It would also be good to know for when I have to store it for water changes/top-ups. Then again..don't I have to use RO water for tops ups?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back