Nat's 125 Litre Juwel Rio Marine!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Hey thanks everyone, everything doing well at the moment. I've got a bit of a bubble algae problem so going to get another Emerald Crab today to replace the one that died.

I really really want to get a Torch coral soon, I've spotted an amazing one in my LFS, but I've not got any LPS's at the moment so obviously my water isn't ready for one. I'm just wondering..what's the best way that I can add calcium to my tank? Can I just add something directly to the tank?

Hey thanks everyone, everything doing well at the moment. I've got a bit of a bubble algae problem so going to get another Emerald Crab today to replace the one that died.

I really really want to get a Torch coral soon, I've spotted an amazing one in my LFS, but I've not got any LPS's at the moment so obviously my water isn't ready for one. I'm just wondering..what's the best way that I can add calcium to my tank? Can I just add something directly to the tank?

you can get liquid or powdered addatives. liquid ones you can add in direct, powdered dissolve in RO first.

you can get liquid or powdered addatives. liquid ones you can add in direct, powdered dissolve in RO first.

Hi Ben, thanks for that. I ended up getting API Eco Calcium Marine supplement. Do I just start to build it up slowly?

I've not got a Mag testkit. Just the API Reef Master Test Kit (Calcium, Carbonate Hardness, Phosphate and Nitrate)
I've just tested my levels and got a shock..I didn't think I'd have that much Calcium in there at all! Guess my tanks almost ready for a Torch Coral then!

Calcium: 380 mg/l
Alkalinity: 11 dKH/196.9 ppm KH

looks like it :)

softies dont use it up, so it will still be a very similar levels to whats out of your salt mix. buying its not a waste though cos your torch will use it.

Thanks Ben. I'm hoping to get a Torch tomorrow.
Here's a little list of a few things I want to get soon:

Blue Damsel
Humbug Damsel (I'm going to introduce at the same time to avoid aggression)
Pincushion Urchin

Just added a Blue Damsel and a Humbug Damsel to my tank. Whilst at my LFS though..I fell in love with a Tiger Pistol Shrimp! Didn't know much about them, but have done a bit of reading about them and am amazed at their symbiotic relationship with a Goby. I've always wanted to get a Goby too, so I think I'm going to have to get a paired Shrimp and Goby soon!

Here's some pictures I've just taken of my latest additions and tank at the moment! Had a productive tank day, with a regular water change, full clean of the skimmer, proper thorough removing of the algae that had formed on the glass (mostly the back) and a clean of the pump. Feeling all good about myself now! Haha.

1007148.jpg

1007143.jpg

1007142.jpg

1007141m.jpg

looking good nat, glad you mentioned the need to add calcium when adding a torch... just bought one on friday and had no idea. very nice corals. i like the blue damsel, very bright.

Heya Nat,

I also have the Deltec MCE300 skimmer. I saw you posted in February that initially no foam was reaching the cup (same issue here), did it just resolve itself in a few days or did you have to do something?

Nice journal btw, inspired me to start mine :)

Rhy

Heya Nat,

I also have the Deltec MCE300 skimmer. I saw you posted in February that initially no foam was reaching the cup (same issue here), did it just resolve itself in a few days or did you have to do something?

Nice journal btw, inspired me to start mine :)

Rhy

Hi Rhy,

Sorry for the late reply. Yeah I think I just didn't have much stuff to 'skim' at the start as I don't think I had any fish in then. Now it collects a good amount that needs cleaning out every few days.

Hope this helps!

Hi everyone! Not updated in a fairly long time but I am still very much into my marine tank! Quick update at the moment but I'll upload pictures in the next day or so...

Yesterday I purchased a Torch coral for my tank. My first LPS! Which is the main coral I've been after since I first set up my tank..I've just been saving up for a while. I also got a new conch as mine died last week (RIP!) I've had a couple of invert deaths, including 2 Emerald Crabs (which I've now replaced with another 1), a Cleaner Shrimp, and my Bloodshrimp. Need to replace these when I get round to it!

I got myself a little yellow clown goby as well a few weeks ago, who seems to happily be hosting my Toadstool coral now which has grown fairly large!

My tank has become fairly overrrun by brittle stars in the last few months..but I don't mind so much as they seem to have taken over the excessive amounts of bristleworms I did have at one point. I keep getting green bubble algae at the moment too and non of the Emerald crabs that I've had seem to eat it (typical!)

Anyway as I said..I'll upload some pics in a couple of days. Hope everyone is well! : )

Most reactions

Back