Nano Bonsai Tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Wow, you aquascape like a pro! How long have you been in the hobby/been scaping for, and do you have any recommendations for sources to learn how to aquascape?

Thank you that's very kind. I've only been doing it a couple months, but I've been watching content for at least a year.
Ones I watch regularly and would recommend for good sources would probably be Green Aqua, George Farmer and MD fish tanks. I watch a load more but they're probably the most educational/inspirational I find.

Gorgeous project :wub: I'm planning a bonsai for a new tank so exited to follow. I love the tree on a hill idea and in such a small tank it'll be absolutely beautiful :wub:

I've settled for the hard scape layout, and today began planting carpet.

20200914_173902.jpg

It seemed like a lot until I started planting, I'm thinking of getting another bunch tomorrow, but this is progress so far.

20200914_175621.jpg

Locked in the cupboard so the cat doesn't think it's a litter tray, he tried climbing in last night when it was just rock and soil.

20200914_175902.jpg

Looking really good :) Can really see how its going to fill in. Are you not tempted by Co2? One of the small Tropica units would work well on this size tank.

Wills

Looking really good :) Can really see how its going to fill in. Are you not tempted by Co2? One of the small Tropica units would work well on this size tank.

Wills

Potentially when it gets set up, main reason for this route is I will be moving hopefully in the next 6-8 weeks so this is a perfect way to get it started for when I move, not having to break it down can just transport fishless and waterless.

I did actually pick up a little cheap starter set for my 15g fluval yesterday, its literally a hose and an aerosol can with a trap, hopefully its half good and once im set up in the new home take the plunge on proper co2 setups.

Last edited:
What's the size of the bonsai? My tank is 30cm height so been looking at bonsai around 15-20cm high.

Potentially when it gets set up, main reason for this route is I will be moving hopefully in the next 6-8 weeks so this is a perfect way to get it started for when I move, not having to break it down can just transport fish and waterless.

I did actually pick up a little cheap starter set for my 15g fluval yesterday, its literally a hose and an aerosol can with a trap, hopefully its half good and once im set up in the new home take the plunge on proper co2 setups.

Which brand did you get?

Went for a little shop after work, I put those crypts in my current tank just to keep them fresh and they looked beautiful, so picked up another 3, another nano anibias and 2 Monte Carlos. Oh and one I don't know the name of I think it's called a chainsaw? Thought it would be a decent looking grass effect on the in between.

20200915_172756.jpg

Chucked them in tonight, will go to a more weekly journal update as it'll now be a waiting game til the bonsai tree has sunk.

20200915_175401.jpg

Last edited:
Went for a little shop after work, I put those crypts in my current tank just to keep 5hem fresh and they looked beautiful, so picked up another 3, another nano anibias and 2 Monte Carlos. Oh and one I don't know the name of I think it's called a chainsaw? Thought it would be a decent looking grass effect on the in between.

View attachment 116408

Chucked them in tonight, will go to a more weekly journal update as it'll now be a waiting game til the bonsai tree has sunk.

View attachment 116409
Its starting to look super pretty. The carpet is going to grow pretty quickly with all those monte carlos, right?

Well I planted the tree with my moss, it came up well I thought

20200917_164714.jpg

And then, I dropped it...

20200917_164810.jpg

After initial frustration I got it back together and think it's looking pretty decent, now it's a waiting game!

20200917_165604.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back