[Nano] Blackford Hill

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

BigTom

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Went for a nice little walk up to Blackford Hill in Edinburgh today, and with a little rootling around came up with some hardscape for the middle of three P@H nanos, for which I had been awaiting inspiration. Walking back with pockets full of rocks and a whole bunch of ivy stems was less fun!

So without further ado, some pictures of the hardscape (there are a couple of rough joins which will be hidden by plants)...

bhhardscape.jpg

bhhardscape2.jpg

very nice Tom, what's the plan on the plants??

ps what substrate you using?

That's the 'new' Amazonia Ian. Going to try a few plants I've always wanted to have a go at, not sure how they'll all do low-tech though... Cyperus helferi, Hygrophila pinnatifida, Blyxa japonica, Hydrocotyle sibthorpiodes. Bit of an experiment, will probably have to tweak it down the road.

plenty of pruning as well Tom! It'll be interesting to see how the Hygro does.

The amazonia is supposed to be good stuff as well.

Heh yeah, given my usual style maintenance style the hydrocotyle will probably just cover everything within a month and I'll forget there were even other plants in there.

Heh yeah, given my usual style maintenance style the hydrocotyle will probably just cover everything within a month and I'll forget there were even other plants in there.

:lol:

This is going to be a great project.

Your pics are top notch too mate. :) :good:

Very nice, must be great finding hardscape just going for a walk. I'm gonna have to check my river out, it's full of fish and at deepest point 2ft, dunno why I never thought of it.

Will be following this one. :good:

Definitely Steve. Going for a nice stroll and not spending £100 just to have the same hardscape as everyone else is quite rewarding!

Cool brb

"Walks out front door to the stream"

Tank is now planted, I removed one of the 'roots' to leave a bit more room for planting.

It's got a low of growing in to do, and things are still a little messy (lots of fungus on the wood, as expected), but here's a quick video of the inhabitants, a trio of Dario hygsinon -

http://vimeo.com/35705701

I can't view the vid on my iPhone but dario that's badis right? How big is your tank again?

I only ask as I put a trioin my 35 and now have the dominant one left.

It's a 25l tank. Already planning on moving the subdominant male over to another tank as soon as I spot any territoriality, and if needed all three can be moved. Would like to keep in the pair in there if possible though.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back