My Very Own Set Up, New Love For My Fish.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

BettaBrightEyes

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Hey so I decided to join this forum and to quit annoying my friends with pictures of my fish and aquarium.
I really would like to gain new friends that could help me expand my knowledge on Aquarium life and to hear me rant about all my fish and aquarium detailed stories! (As I of course would do the same for you! Ha Ha)
I am young and within this past year I gained a whole new respect and love for fish (Especially Bettas, they hold a special place with me) and so I started a collection, though rather quickly (yet still small). I am experienced as what I like to call an "achieved beginner", and that means that though I am a beginner, I do know most basics and can achieve them rapidly.

I would say I am most experienced with Bettas and live bearers such as guppies and Platies (I have 6 platies that I do plan on breeding - have already). I also have six black neon tetras, and they are doing fine.

I have three bettas, one Halfmoon named Bright Eyes because of his magnificent sky blue eyes.

A Crowntail named Cuzko, who is the more feisty of the bunch

And a Super Delta named Flounder, inspired by the Little Mermaid.

Bright Eyes is in his own 5 gallon tank with the neon tetras, which I just finished aquascaping today. I just finished water logging and releasing the tannins of the driftwood, and it has freshly applied Java moss to it which I hope grows correctly and nicely.
Cuzko and Flounder share a DIVIDED 15 gallon tank (They have no contact with each other, only can view each other through the divider) with three platies each - two females and one male.

I shall post pictures of my Aquascape next if people are interested.

And this is Cuzko!

PS: Flounder has been treated for ICH before (when I got scared and treated him right away. He actually did not do well with the medication and so I stopped treatment and he's been happy ever since) and I've been told that those white dots are nothing to worry about. He's had them since I can remember and they don't hinder him in any way :)

Attachments

• Bright Eyes (600x800).jpg
    Bright Eyes (600x800).jpg
    34 KB · Views: 154
  • Flounder (600x800).jpg
    Flounder (600x800).jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 182
  • Cuzko (600x800).jpg
    Cuzko (600x800).jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 165
And My Aquascape!
The 15 Gallon divided tank is still a work in progress. It's not in the photo as it was taken before I added the new additions, but I put in a few rocks and things covered in a thin layer of Java Moss, which I hope will grow nice and full. I still trying for "the" look. I'm not 100% happy with it but maybe some with some tweaking or better plants I will be.
I absolutely love the 5 gallon one that Bright Eyes is in. Love the driftwood piece! And to think it was just lying around in my basement XD

For the Five Gallon tank I was thinking of putting some shrimp in there, and was wondering if anybody had any tips to share about Shrimp as I'm completely new to them!

Attachments

• Aquascape (1).jpeg
    Aquascape (1).jpeg
    20.9 KB · Views: 177
  • Aquascape (7).jpeg
    Aquascape (7).jpeg
    32.1 KB · Views: 183
Hi!
'I joined this forum to stop annoying my friends!'
Haha, that's near enough why I joined! My other half is so uninterested I feel like I'm talking to myself so that's why I joined :)

Love your aquascaping!! If you add shrimp watch your betta. Some bettas love shrimp...to eat.
devil.gif

Sorry to say, though, your 5 gallon is a bit overstocked. The black neons would need a 10+ for their energy level. Really sorry to bring down the hammer so early, I know how hard that is.
confused.gif

PS:
You may want to guard your tank well.....
shifty.gif

Beautiful bettas and pretty tanks! Do you have a heater in them? I just want to make sure 'cause I can't see them but I do have terrible eyesight :p

I second what LG said, the neons would be best in a larger tank as they need the swimming room. Also sorry to be negative! I do hope you enjoy it here.
We love hearing about everyone's fish and I think a lot of us are in the same boat that our friends/family just don't understand :)

The neons do need more swimming space, as said above. 

But apart from that....lovely bettas! They're stunning

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back