My Tnk Has Come :)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

:blush: well thank you all very much :blush:

well frist off i will have to write you in IOU for the keyboard and it will be a big one as the only water proof keyboard/ droop proof cost a good amount http://www.stealthcomputer.com/peripherals...al_keyboard.htm

well every thing is at zero as far as the things that should be , my cal is now upto 400-410 hard to tell with the cal test kits phos 0 no3 0 ammonia 0 , i run the tank at about 79 deg f, i run a tmc 25 watt uv light. i must say that this helped out loads with some of my little problems with the brown stuff. i am also thinking of running ozone later on in the year.
the skimmer is very good, i have had no problems todate :) the only bad thing is that its to small for my tank, but as i dont have many fish iw works just fine for me. i think that i will buy one more of the same skimmer and just runn tow of them. i would like to buy a bigger one, but space will not allow for the next size up. got to say no one has a good thing to say aout the redsea skimmers :( TMC are the way to go unles you have deep pockets in which case you could go for a cool D&D one :drool: . i paid over the odds fr the skimmer comming in at 110. squid but it was from a very good shop that i trust(A+ infomation but they cost a bit more than other places). you can get them from ebay for about 90 ish maybe a bit less, and for that price its bargin

ski
not to shure on what it is, it was sold to me as a spinny open brain. it is a good size to comprising of about 8 heads. only cost 33 squid so whats that about 50-60 bucks.

diet

well i am very happy that my little pond has heped you get yours well on its way, i also hope that the thread is put to good use and heps you out if you get stuck( well thats the idea :) )

as far as the UGJs go, i could not ask for more :D. they still flow the same amount of water as when they were first turned on, and inside the pipes are still bright white (no cloging) . every now and then you get a small buid up of green fluff, but as soon as i turn the two power heads off the two tangs fly down to them and start t eat it slowly followed by a few little hermit crabs and last of all a snail will get there LOL. after about an hour or so i turn the pumps on and the ends are now spotless , must tast dam good. the two newjet 3000 i bought from www.1st4aquatics.co.uk but i found the cheapest place was ebay and charterhouse , but with a bit of a push they mached the price for me :D. think they cost me about 40 squid each.

the water flow in the tank is very good, its is also very uneven. this makes every thing move about as dfferent jets swerl the water about. got to say that if i was to do it all over a again, i would not change anything. ( well i would place a ball valve at the bottom of my sump for water change time)

the pipe work i got from BBQ thing all of it only cost 30 squid , the end ports were just heated with a heat gun and crimmed to the shape you see. very easy to do.

hope that has helped you both out and the best of luck setting your new tanks up, if you need any help i think you both know that between ski , steelhair and navarre some one will be able to help you out :) and off i will try to help to :D

Thank you very much, i've just started reading ski thread ref his tank. Im so excited i cant wait, i Think except for the lights (cuz of previous problems with lights) i will buy everything second hand if i can and then upgrade to new as and when i can afford it.

With a sump do i have to drill a hole in the tank so it overflows it self or will a tube stuck in say an inch (or the level at which if power failed i wouldnt leak) do the same job...... i was think along the lines of how a vacum cleaner thingy works.

I would want to do this so i can place my skimmer under my tank and out of view.

if the tank is empty get it driled with an over flow hole, you will then be able to run the pipe work down the back of your tank like mine. incase of a powercut you must make sure that your sump has room for the extra water that will drain from you tank and into the sump. i set my over flow box 1 inch lower than what i wanted my water level at in the main display . then i calulated the display volume ie 60*24*1=1440 sqi you now need to find the room needed in the sump so my sump is 24*24*4=2304 i left penty room. done in inch

hope that helps :good:
ROB

wel i got some new fish today, 3 blue green chromis(one died in bag :( ) , and 3 blues star damsel ( was told that they were one of the few safe damsels to go for )
if i have time i will get some pics up for you all to see.

i love the chromis so much i am going back and getting 6 more so after i get the one that is wed to me i will have 9 of them think that should look nice :)

many thanks rob :)

Hi Rob,

That's a shame about the one dying in the bag. I like the Chromis too. Wonderful colours too them. Can't wait to see the pics :D

5 mins :hyper:

not the best pics i have ever taken, but you will get the idea :) . the move so fast that it is so very hard to get the cam ready before they dart off the other way

DSC03120-1.jpg

DSC03119-1.jpg

resize :)

Hi Rob,

Those look fantastic mate. Love the colours and how they are schooling together. Makes a nice contrast with the background. They're only cheap too which is an added bonus. Splendid stuff sir :good:

Thanks for sharing,

AK

looking good how about a full tank shot and what camera are you using and how do you take good pics like that lol?

i use a sony H1 it is a step down from a SLR. has a 2 cm macro so you can get very close to somthing :) also i use the fast shutter setting and play about with all the on board setiings . it is a very good cam and its way better than me LOL

DSC02997.jpg

DSC02996.jpg

these are before the new little fish :blush: . and lights are off now so i cant get any new one's :( sorry

how much is it and whats the megapixel

dont meen do be nosey but my camera is good at normal pics as its 6 meg but when it comes to the tank its bollocks at takin pics so i might buy a new 1 if my mums wants to donate a few quid lol

it only has 5.1 meg but that is not the thing that make a pic look good. i was once told that it is cheaper to give a cam i high mega pixal than it is to make a good lens . when i bought mine it was fresh out and cost me 400 squid :crazy: , but as in sony fashion they drop the price once and then call it a day and bring a new one out which was the H2 with is a bit crap, we have one at work and the feel of it is just a bit off the pics are greeat but i dont think it feels nice in your hands. the better one is the H& which is all black and i think 7 meg. now thats a cool cam

http://www.digitalcamerainfo.com/content/S...ysical-Tour.htm

whats best to take close up pics in the tank- good zoom ,good focus and a fast shutter speed
my camera has a slow shutter speed and it zooms in and loses focus but only when looking into the tank for some reason any ideas?
anyway back onto subject lol nice shoal of chromis youve got there :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back