My Tnk Has Come :)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

DSC02776.jpg

o and this is my new pet as well he is killing every thing, 14 weeks old staff gret dog but eats everything .

your 2 tanks are looking great, i would love a saltwater tank like that someday :rolleyes:

o and btw your little staffy is lovely, they are great dogs but abit stupid at times :lol:

Dunno about the length of the bulb, but could you get more usable length by running it diagonally?

yea you do get a bit more room but it will only allow space for one blub, but not two :( . and i am going for the twin unit so 2 55w bubs. think i will just take a chance and buy them. what tyoe of bulbs do you thing i should get. i have always thought daylight blue , but i have just seen some daylight plus . many thanks rob

ps will 110 watts be too much power or should it be ok the tank is 60L . :good:

I've yet to see a combination of PCs that was "too much" power

don't know yet, he was sold as Naso Vlamingi (unicorn) but untill he gets bigger it is hard to say. he could be a bule spotted tang. sexy little fish though and has grown a far bit . he must be close on 6 inch and about 1 inch wide.

Looks like you've allready got the hang of it, great shots :good:

Now excuse me while I drag my camera out back and yell at it :)

Absolutely awesome thread. Rob you owe me a new keyboard because I've just ruined mine by drooling into it :drool:

What are your water chemistry specs for growing all the corals and keeping crustaceans? I picked up a Juwel 180 on Wednesday. Its just LROWF at the moment, but I would love to get a mini reef thing going on.

The guy sold it because he'd been away for a long weekend, had a power failure and came home to a tank full of dead fish, all apart from a blue damsel. Rather than restock it, he sold it. Its all up and running again here, the live rock is still alive, ammonia 0, nitrite 0 and nitrate at 20ppm.

Just today I decided to get a "Nemo" and a "Dory" from my LFS (need an excuse to go back there because the girl in there is cute lol). I'd love to get some anenomes and and corals, but I think I might need to upgrade to MH lighting as I only have the standard juwel lighting unit and an additional Aquaone marine lamp. I know some corals don't require such high lighting, so I might investigate those.

Love the protein skimmer. Beats the crap outta the red sea Prism I've currently got. How much did that set you back?

Again, great thread

Hi rob... those photos are just pure WOW!

Im inspired to convert my rio 180 to a marine tank and like the idea of the undergravel flow sytem that u installed,

Just a quick couple of questions:

How are you finding it? is it doing exactly what you wanted to do?

Can you point me in the direction of online places to buy those powerheads you bought?

Cheers

Daniel

P.S its your tank that convienced my other half to let me convert.....Thank YOU!!!!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back