My Tnk Has Come :)

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

tell you what it may be both hers and my little lads tank, but i am the onlyone that get to buy everthing and do the water changes :rolleyes: although she did put some money in last time we were at the LFS.

rob :good:

Ah but as the old saying goes Rob.... "The man may be the head of the family but, the woman is the neck that controls the head" :sly:

well i went a bit mad today , and bought not one but two LPS corals :(. one is a blue brain , and the other is green galaxia coral . i have a few pics of the galaxia but as it is not open fully i will hold off linking them. but i have a pic of the new brain, a full tank shot and a pic of one of my baby toadstools.

hope you all like Rob :good:

brainblue.jpg

babytoadstool.jpg

fulltankshot2.jpg

thanks mate, need but 7 more bits, thinking about goin back on to the softy now , however i did see an bright green brain that i think will look very nice LOL , love my LPS and softys so much colour. think i will also buy one or two more farmed bits just to fill up the left hand side a bit more. and also a shaving brush plant will have a home in there as well.

many thanks Rob :good:

looking fantastic!!

What's the coral in the back left hand side of the last photo?

Its really nice. I saw something very similar today although I don't think it was as green as that. I love the hammer corals too. I was a bit disappointed today. I went to the LFS and there was bugger all over there really. All their livestock had just arrived and was still in cardboard boxes lol.

Is that a torch coral in the middle at the bottom?

I picked up a Xenia frag today, so I'm going to see how I get on with that, then add more when I'm confident that everything is ok.

Long Tentacle Plate ;)

Rob, watch out for that galaxea if you move it near other non Euphyllia genus corals. Galaxea have POWERFUL sweeper tentacles that they only extend at night. Long ones too, 2-8 inches depending on the size of the polyps.

Long Tentacle Plate ;)

Rob, watch out for that galaxea if you move it near other non Euphyllia genus corals. Galaxea have POWERFUL sweeper tentacles that they only extend at night. Long ones too, 2-8 inches depending on the size of the polyps.

yea i know, think that is one more reason why it may not stay in there :( . I new this when i was buying it though, so i dont know what i was thikning LOL

rob :good:

ok time for an update on the big tanks got some pics from when it started to now , so you can see the growth in about 9 month. well that is the idea anyway. i have not put much into my tank at the moment as i have been doing my little lads, so all my money has been going into that :( . but now that is close to done i can get back to mine :)

first off one just to get the ball moving, a very bured clown in hosting mode (these mushys have seen the igest growth out of every thing in the tank.

comppic4.jpg

this is how small she was about 7 month ago, so tiny

DSC02822.jpg

didnt know what this was at first, and still dont to this day LOL , it is however some form of LPS

DSC02419.jpg

comppic1.jpg

my little splash of zoas , these have done very well. even after falling off that rock so many times :)

DSC02409.jpg

comppic3.jpg

this has done very well in the last 4 month, but before that we had a large amount of die back, but the smallest of small section made it through. this is where having a big tank helps you get through the early stage of setting the tank up.

DSC02416.jpg

it is out of this world how big it is now LOL , just looked for the frist time myself LOL

comppic2.jpg

well hope you all like :good: many thanks rob

Looking really nice! As I'm just getting into this myself I'm especially interested in seeing the before and after type pics as it give me a better idea of how quickly things grow and how much room to give, etc.

Have you got any recent full tank shots?

Most reactions

Back