Mizz_MayDK

Reaction score
Just an overview of my tanks:

360L Akvastabil Mark 2 tank (new tank without any fish yet - planning on having Malawi cichlids in it.
image.jpg

190L Juwel Trigon corner tank.
This was the first tank I invested in and I have a mix of Red Juwel and Demasoni cichlids, clown loaches, bronze corys, a couple of ancistus, a red tailed black labeo and a L397 pleco.
Iā€™m probably going to move the cichlids and get rid of the loaches and the labeo, but Iā€™m not sure yet.
C6964702-2798-4ADC-B43F-52F6CBAFCDB0.jpeg

150L Ferplast Cayman 80 Professional tank. This one is inhabited by angelfish, guramis, albino corys and 3 ancistus. The guramis are moving into the tank that is holding cichlids until they can be moved into the 360L.
C9BE258B-4D9E-4AAD-A1BA-C500876F1147.jpeg

125L Juwel Rio tank. This tank holds the cichlids for the 360L until it is fully ready for fish. After that the guramis are moving in
5ACE8C82-B923-430B-B939-D3950486BDD0.jpeg

2 small hexagonal tanks - one holds the fish I want to sell (odd species that came with one of the tanks I bought) and the other is my quarantine tank for new ā€œinvestmentsā€. Right now I have some Adolfoi corys and albino long-fin ancistus in there.
B1F62B41-E58E-458E-A3BC-E532523C4443.jpeg

image.jpg

I also have a 250L Akvastabil Effectline tank and a rack system with 3 x 80L tanks - but they are empty at the moment

Last edited:
Tanks look really good :) couple of fish combinations that make me wince slightly haha but the fish all look really healthy. Jewels have a bit of reputation of being thugs and you have quite a mixed combination of fish that need hard or soft water.

Really like the cichlid tank :) looks really good.

wills

Tanks look really good :) couple of fish combinations that make me wince slightly haha but the fish all look really healthy. Jewels have a bit of reputation of being thugs and you have quite a mixed combination of fish that need hard or soft water.

Really like the cichlid tank :) looks really good.

wills
I know that not all my combinations are good, but I'm still new and learning :)
The Juwels are actually no problem - I've NEVER had any problems with this tank at all. 2 of the demasoni even had fry at one point. I put them in a breeding box in the same aquarium but they all died - not sure why.

Beautiful setups, thank you for sharing them with us. Stick around in the future and enter one in the Tank of the Month.

Hi Mizz go girl go.....I just feel like breaking into song (under the sea under the sea) ? very impressive setups you have laid out. Well you and your partner I mean. The rocks are a key feature and yet look so natural that you almost forget itā€™s a fish tank and not a glass bottomed boat staring down to the bottom of the sea/river. So what is the plan? Breed and sell the fry to make the hobby pay for itself or some other inspiration you have.

Gorgeous! Nice large tanks, look really well maintained too! What does your maintenance routine look like? I struggle to keep up with four tanks right now, and only one of them is a good size, the other three are smaller and easier in terms of hauling buckets! :lol:

Hi Mizz go girl go.....I just feel like breaking into song (under the sea under the sea) ? very impressive setups you have laid out. Well you and your partner I mean. The rocks are a key feature and yet look so natural that you almost forget itā€™s a fish tank and not a glass bottomed boat staring down to the bottom of the sea/river. So what is the plan? Breed and sell the fry to make the hobby pay for itself or some other inspiration you have.
Ohhhhh I'd wish I could make the hobby pay for itself, but realistically it might be a supplement to bring down the costs, but for now it's just for fun ... to see if I can really do it.

Gorgeous! Nice large tanks, look really well maintained too! What does your maintenance routine look like? I struggle to keep up with four tanks right now, and only one of them is a good size, the other three are smaller and easier in terms of hauling buckets! :lol:
I do cleaning and WC once a week in every thank - 2 tanks Monday, 2 tanks Tuesday and 2 tanks Wednesday.

I have this Coastal Supplies Aquarium Fill and Drain Tap-Powered Pump and this Electric Aquarium Gravel Cleaner and they are both genious <3

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
For the 360L Malawi cichlids, are you planning on Mbunas, Haps or Peacocks?

I'm in the planning stage for my Mbuna tank ie: what's my plan on informing Mrs. Mad I am getting another 280L tank :rolleyes: Anyways, I may try getting a couple breeding pairs and let them populate the tank. Would be a fun project...

Well it didn't take long before I had to add a new tank after all.
I "harvested" (don't know what it's called) fry from 2 demasoni cichlids .... 48 fish babies <3 <3 <3
Luckily I could move some filters around and use some cycled material in the new tank where I now keep the fish I want to sell

The new breeding tank - set up really quickly, so I didn't have any sand - but while they are in the breeding boxes I guess it's ok
161780733_552988758951195_6058370833438419445_n.jpg

And the new sales tank:
160635581_471065767649769_261777502726050237_n.jpg

Last edited:
It seems that you're a huge fan of fake plants. But it's colorful though...

It seems that you're a huge fan of fake plants. But it's colorful though...
Well - they are there for the colors. I have REALLY bad experiences with live plants making it very difficult to maintain a clean aquarium, plants containing small snails and other "bugs", soil making the water cloudy etc. So thats why I have fake plants.
I'm trying live plants in one aquarium - think they are called Salvinia ... not 100 % positive ... especially the WC and cleaning is a problem. Considering plants in pots, but haven't had time to study it or anything - really still just a thought

I also have some fake plants. But they're in those tanks where fish only demolish live plants. Otherwise, in all other tanks, there are real plants in it. But with real plants, you won't get the brightness of the colors of fake plants.

Most reactions

trending

Back