My Tanks

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Water change day for the 40B and 10G, as usual, and for the 29G tomorrow

I'm going to try a bit of re-deco in the 40B and 29G. The 40B has had a piece of "found" driftwood in it since I set it up back in 2013, that crypts have grown profusely upon...they do better on that DW then the ones I have planted in substrate, strangely....at any rate, I am going to remove that DW/plant combo, and put it into the 29G...I have a nice piece of mopani wood, that my daughter bought years ago, that has been soaking for a week in a bucket (to remove some of the tannins, no need to soak that wood, it sinks like a rock when new), that I am going to put in that spot, with a piece of anubia I cut from a mother plant, a week ago, and just left free floating in the tank

First pic is the 40B, the "combo" is on the left, behind the spider wood...the anubia is floating, semi-attached to the top of that spider wood...sorry for the crummy pic & the reflections

Second pic, my plain looking 29G that doesn't grow plants as profusely as the 40B...I'll have to move Blondie's (pleco) coco-cave to the right somewhere, and will probably remove some of the spider wood and move to the 40B...depends on how much room the "combo" is going to take up...glad to finally have that heater and HOB pickup tube hidden a bit...again, sorry for the crummy pic/reflection

I'll post pics when they're both done, tomorrow...I'll let you know what the fish thinks of their new Feng Shui...lol

Attachments

• 40B.jpg
    40B.jpg
    294.9 KB · Views: 31
  • 29G.jpg
    29G.jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 33
Looking forward to the pics.

BTW how is your daughter doing?
Hi Nat!

She's doing fine...her Army hubby had a choice of Tennessee or Hawaii for his next base location...guess which one they chose?

We miss her, being so far away, but they're young and adventurous, and loving it there...stationed for 3 years

Hmmm, bet that was an agonizing choice.
It was for her parents/grandparents, but not for her and the SIL, lol

At any rate, got the changes done yesterday, pleased with the results...it is so interesting to watch the fish act/react differently with new deco in their tanks...both plecos are loving their new DW to munch on

Not quite done with the tanks, will do a bit more re-arranging, and have some leftover spiderwood from the 29G to play with...that planted chunk of DW took up more room than I expected...and was in a bit of a rush to get done with the 29G, other things came up ("Life") during the day that needed taking care of

Attachments

• 40B.jpg
    40B.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 26
  • 29G.jpg
    29G.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 26
Dang ! I never can make an aquarium look like that. All my tanks are as drab and utilitarian as it gets. I guess you have the touch or you don’t. Maybe if I could get my tanks looking like yours I wouldn’t be banished to the back room. On the other hand , if I had a beautiful show tank I wouldn’t have the luxury of solitude either. Life is full of quandary’s like this.

Dang ! I never can make an aquarium look like that. All my tanks are as drab and utilitarian as it gets. I guess you have the touch or you don’t. Maybe if I could get my tanks looking like yours I wouldn’t be banished to the back room. On the other hand , if I had a beautiful show tank I wouldn’t have the luxury of solitude either. Life is full of quandary’s like this.
:lol:

Thanks much, friend

Most reactions

trending

Back