My Tank Story - Pics!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Axyadbad

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Well well well.. 

I've loved fish all my life but last year I finally took the plunge, it's been more challenging than I expected but a fun challenge. I started last summer with a 60L nano tank, a month after I got it I wanted a bigger one (as most do).

I wanted my tank to look natural with live plants, wood etc.. what I now know is an aquascape.

Here was my progress with the 60l..

Initial hardscape:
d1cfd750.jpg

After it had grown in:
photo.jpg

A little tidy up:
photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

I loved this tank, it was a great introduction to fish keeping. Although people don't recommend such a small tank to begin with, I enjoyed the work and effort it required.

Then this April I moved on to a bigger tank.. a 200l tank
biggrin.png
. This tank is a LOT easier to look after, no bi-weekly water changes or constant fussing over temperature. Anyways.. here are some photos of the progress of this tank..

Hardscape (now changed):
null_zpsc22013dc.jpg

Initial Planting:
null_zps276b4fd8.jpg

Now after a couple of months of growth:
null_zps6658bf9f.jpg

The stocking of the tank:

1x Pearl Gourami
1x Angelfish
14x Harlequin Rasbora 
6x Otocinclus
2x Bristle nose Plecos (1 red, 1 standard)
1x Zebra Snail

A few pictures of the fish..

Standard Bristle nose:
null_zpsd0695d06.jpg

Red Bristlenose Pleco:
null_zps09ab0865.jpg

Rasboras:
null_zps430c20aa.jpg

Pearl Gourami:
null_zps93ac27e9.jpg

Angelfish:
null_zps9330e211.jpg

Thank you for looking.. hopefully I will go high-tech with my tanks at some point and eventually get that dream 8 footer with discus but until now. These are my babies and I love em
smile.png

Most importantly, I hope my fish are happy!!!

Axy!!

i love your first tank, if that was your first scape wow! i mean wow. compared to my first one thats like 500 times better :L  i like the Aponogeton Crispus in your new tank, have you got a flower stem yet?  cant wait to see it grown in more. i think we all deam of 8 foot tanks >.> 

No I haven't had a flower stem, it's not in the best shape and is a bit 'glassy'. Thanks for comment :)

mines like that as well, iv got many babys now, its wanderful when they flower 

Nice tanks!  I especially liked the initial 60L aquascape in the first shot, what happened to the rock formation?

Also can you tell me the name of the pink plant in the background of your 60L?

i agree that first pic of it was great. and i think its a type of ludwigia

I just got bored of them and wanted all wood haha I really liked the initial scape as well :)

Any photos of your tanks.. always like looking at fellows members' tanks!!

im scapeing one atm, although it wont be grown in until a few months time im using seedlings... 

Sounds cool. Never thought of growing from seed :p

I'm going to get a second angel..seen a lovely gold one at my LFS. Hope he doesn't go :)

I got that angelfish he's lovely and a clever fella! They swim about together all the times :)

null_zps4b7981e4.jpg

Really nice. I can't wait to see the updated pics for this. I'll be following this thread for sure

I'll add photos every month or so, I often change things about with it as I to give the fish something to 'new' to investigate. I hope the angelfish pair up and I see some babies :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back