F.O.M.L. Fish Of My Life……photo list of happiness

bgarthe35 52

Fish Crazy
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Supporting Member ⭐
Joined
Apr 9, 2026
Messages
347
Reaction score
753
Points
93
Location
Peru, IL USA
This is a photo list of the Fish-Of-My-Life……past and present. At various times in my life, I received great pleasure from keeping such gorgeous creatures. I’d love to see other member’s pic photo lists of the fish they’ve had/have. ***These are pics of the actual fish I have kept or am keeping atm.***
IMG_2181.jpeg
Hoplisoma paleatus, Peppered Cory…pic taken just as it turned into regular lighting a few years ago. These fish now are much darker in my tanks having black blasting sand substrate.
IMG_9665.jpeg
Pterophyllum scalare, Red Devil Koi Angelfish
IMG_9563.jpeg
Sawbwa resplendens, Rummynose Rasbora
IMG_9440.jpeg
Phenacogrammus interruptus, Congo Tetra
(probably my “favorite”overall)
IMG_2127.jpeg
Phenacogrammus aurantiacus, Gold Blue Eyed Congo Tetra
IMG_8600.jpeg
Puntius tetrazona, Tiger Barb
IMG_8533.jpeg
Hoplisoma panda, Panda Cory
IMG_8305.jpeg
Trigonostigma espei, Lambchop or Porkchop Rasbora
IMG_8163.jpeg
Hemigrammus rodwayi, Gold Tetra
IMG_8129.jpeg
Microdevario kubotai, Green Neon Rasbora
IMG_6324.jpeg
Sandadanio axelrodi, Blue Neon Rasbora
IMG_1704.jpeg
Paracheirodon simulans, Green Neon Tetra
IMG_1400.jpeg
Mikogeophagus ramirezi, German Blue Ram (gold form)
IMG_1397.jpeg
Pelvicachromis pulcher, Kribensis Cichlid, Male
IMG_3860.jpeg

Hyphessobrycon herbertaxelrodi, Black Neon Tetra
 
Last edited:
IMG_1392.jpeg
Trichopodus leeri, Pearl Gourami
IMG_3222.jpeg
Poecilia reticulata, …..Fancy Guppy…..
IMG_1187.jpeg
Trichogaster chuna, Honey Gourami
IMG_1182.jpeg
Poecilia reticulata,
IMG_1159.jpeg
Symphysodon aequifasciatus, Yellow Panda Discus
IMG_1161.jpeg
Symphysodon aequifasciatus, Red Melon Discus
IMG_1123.jpeg
Poecilia reticulata,
IMG_0445.jpeg
Symphysodon aequifasciatus, Checkerboard Pigeonblood Discus
IMG_1914.jpeg
Pethia aurea, ….one of the Golden Dwarf Barb species often mistaken for Pethia gelius.
IMG_6405.jpeg
Boraras brigittae, Chili Rasbora
IMG_3459.jpeg
Cyprinus rubrofiscus, Koi
IMG_1168.jpeg
Trichogaster lalius, Dwarf Gourami
IMG_1115.jpeg
Poecilia reticulata, Dumbo Elephant-Ear Fancy Guppy
IMG_1158.jpeg
Symphysodon aequifasciatus, Mosaic Turquoise Discus
 
Last edited:
IMG_1064.jpeg
Trichogaster lalius, Dwarf Gourami (powder blue form)
IMG_2322.jpeg
Betta splendens, Betta….Siamese Fighting Fish, male

IMG_2375.jpeg
Pterophyllum scalare, Koi Angelfish
IMG_1056.jpeg
Symphysodon aequifasciatus, Discus
IMG_1170.jpeg
Symphysodon aequifasciatus, Red Eagle Discus…My “fav” Discus
IMG_1766.jpeg
Paracheirdon axelrodi, Cardinal Tetra
IMG_1078.jpeg
Symphysodon aequifasciatus, Red Map Discus
IMG_2076.jpeg
Xiphophorus maculatus, Wagtail Platies
IMG_1982.jpeg,
Xiphophorus maculatus, Wagtail Platies
IMG_0473.jpeg
Symphysodon aequifasciatus, Red Turquoise Discus
IMG_0038.jpeg
Symphysodon aequifasciatus, Millenium Gold Discus
IMG_3565.jpeg
Symphysodon aequifasciatus, Snakeskin Discus
IMG_3371.jpeg
Symphysodon aequifasciatus, Red Maze Pigeon Discus
IMG_3033.jpeg
Symphysodon aequifasciatus, Gold Leopard Discus
IMG_3027.jpeg
Symphysodon aequifasciatus, Blue Diamond Discus
 
Last edited:
IMG_4746.jpeg
Cyprinus rubrofiscus, Koi ( in my 3800g outside pond 20+ years)
IMG_1142.jpeg
Poecilia reticulata,
IMG_1404.webp
Pelvicachromis pulcher, Kribensis Cichlid, Female
IMG_3533.jpeg
Symphysodon aequifasciatus, Scorpion Discus
IMG_2279.jpeg
Pterophyllum scalare, Koi Angelfish
IMG_1728.jpeg
Symphysodon aequifasciatus, Albino Millenium Gold Discus
IMG_3562.jpeg
Symphysodon aequifasciatus, Orange Panda Discus
IMG_0474.jpeg
Symphysodon aequifasciatus, Rafflesia Discus
IMG_2205.jpeg
Xiphophorus maculatus, Wagtail Platies

IMG_2216.jpeg
Xiphophorus maculatus, Wagtail Platies
 
Last edited:
I like the spirit of this. No prizes, no competition, just sharing of things that are out there for those who like to look. These are all old photos of fish I sadly no longer have.

Aphyosemion hera
Wallaceochromis rubrolabiale
Enteromius cf hulstaerti
Aphyosemion exigoideum
Aphyosemion oeseri

I'd love to see @bgarthe 's fish labelled so people could ask questions about them. If members dig back into their files, I'll bet there are a lot of cool fish people may or may not have encountered before in them. We could even do a fish of the week where members could post and talk about one fish they have or have had, using their own photos to share info and show things others might be inspired by.

A bunch of these photos come from 2015, and a quick popping open of files I haven't looked at in ages.
 

Attachments

  • oeseri1 (640x382).webp
    oeseri1 (640x382).webp
    27.8 KB · Views: 55
  • ngoudolfola2aa (640x566).webp
    ngoudolfola2aa (640x566).webp
    16.8 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_7536.webp
    IMG_7536.webp
    73.7 KB · Views: 54
  • rubro3 (640x427).webp
    rubro3 (640x427).webp
    35.2 KB · Views: 66
  • heramale3aa (640x426).webp
    heramale3aa (640x426).webp
    27.4 KB · Views: 88
This is my kind of post, thank you @bgarthe! Gorgeous!
I like Gary's idea but I wouldn't be able to participate much. I worked as a photographer after I got out of the service and absolutely refused to do any 'work' at home so the only records I have are filed away in my big giant brain.
 
Most of my photos are blurry, but strangely enough I took some reasonably clear photos just after I returned for having retinal photography and my vision was still blurry from the eye drops - and I spotted my pair of Bolivian rams (Mikrogephagus altispinosus) in the middle of spawning.

Mikrogeophagus altispinosus.JPG


Please excuse the plastic plants and gravel from before I knew better.
 
I can't put these in this month's contest, as they're all older shots I took of species I no longer have. But they were all great cory group members.
melini3.webp
brochis.webp
rabauti eyes.webp
sclero2.webp
sterbai eye.webp


Hoplisomoa melini
Brochis splendens
Osteogaster rabauti
Scleromystax barbatus
Hoplisoma sterbai
 
Last edited:
I like the spirit of this. No prizes, no competition, just sharing of things that are out there for those who like to look. These are all old photos of fish I sadly no longer have.

Aphyosemion hera
Wallaceochromis rubrolabiale
Enteromius cf hulstaerti
Aphyosemion exigoideum
Aphyosemion oeseri

I'd love to see @bgarthe 's fish labelled so people could ask questions about them. If members dig back into their files, I'll bet there are a lot of cool fish people may or may not have encountered before in them. We could even do a fish of the week where members could post and talk about one fish they have or have had, using their own photos to share info and show things others might be inspired by.

A bunch of these photos come from 2015, and a quick popping open of files I haven't looked at in ages.
Ok GaryE…..I like your idea. :) I should have included names as well. A few of the common names elude me, so I am going to try to recall the Discus common names which vary quite a bit by different breeder/sellers. Also…..I apologize if I misspelled any of the scientific names. Thnx for bringing that to my attention. :beer:
 
Last edited:
Ok GaryE…..I like your idea. :) I should have included names as well. A few of the common names elude me, so I am going to try to recall the Discus common names which vary quite a bit by different breeder/sellers. Also…..I apologize if I misspelled any of the scientific names. Thnx for bringing that to my attention. :beer:
The picture you have label as apistogramma sp ? is a pelvicachromis of some sort - probably kribensis from one of the nicer catch locations; also it would be good if Gary followed his own advice; for while some of his pictures have nice file names other not so much- at least one of the cory i don't recognize.
--
I did some looking up and it might be p. krib nigeria (different catch location have different dot and colour - or maybe it is not krib and some related west african fish who knows - gary will know). it could also be a mutt if someone cross bred two different catch locations. The part that is borthering me is the single dot in tail; and while it can occur in some catch location it might be one of the related species in the genus. Either way that kid came from africa not south america so it is an oldddddd fish and not a new fishhhhhhh.
 
Last edited:

Most reactions

Back
Top