My Tank Setup, Dipped My Toe,

looking nice once again matt :good: def been taking ideas from yours :D. Question, ur seios what models are they?Do you get build ups in corners? as uve only got 1 pointing down and thats at the glass?

Wow matt, that acro is really starting to take off for you huh? Looks great :D

Btw, what do you have in there for fish stocking nowadays?

N1z> there the MP620's theres also a 1000lph in there makes it about x50 turnover. as for buildups done get any corners floor nowhere. got 2 stars 14 HC'c 5 nitro snails and a conch doing the cleaning on the sand and works a treat!

Ski> The Acro is a Pocillapora, still on the baby sps's waiting for the new tank then I'll give the acros a try. Plus its had to keep up with the Ca and Alk additions just the 3 I have now drain the Ca by 10ppm in a 150l a day!!!!! and the Alk drops by 20ppm CaCO a day!!!!!

Fish wise I've got

2X Clowns
2X Neon Gobys
1X Coral Beauty
1X Fire fish
1X Hi fin red band Goby
and the newest addition is a wrasse of some sort. Swap it for a fire fish a while ago but hes still realy shy. Looking at getting a pigmy shapher wrasse but we'll see.

Thanks for the support guys!

Ski how the 'battle' going?

General Xavier is doing well, yet his mission is far from complete. Posting an update later tonight for you UK guys to probably see in the morning. Unfortunately, general Xavier is easily distracted by the wonders of glass and command needs to keep him in line. There are also more developments with one local friendly, or should I say not so friendly... News at 11 :D

btw, from a lot of what other old salties in my club have told me its probably your clam guzzling the most calc/alk. my tank drops by about 20ppm calc and 0.5 dkh per day :crazy:. God bless two part addatives :D

Also just to add... When wiring my MH bulb, which of the two wires goes to the threads and which the end of the bulb? The electrician in me says that the polarity doesn't matter because its A/C and the bulb cares more about potential. Figured I'd ask though before I went and did something dumb :)

Awesome tank!

Is that about the right thickness of sand to add? Im just adding sand to my new upgraded tank but have less than that, should I add more to match similiar to what you have there?

Ski> the clam is putting on rings something stupid! So you've go to be right! Thanks for that might have to sell the little blighter as well as the softies in the tank coz I'm going LSP SPS only.

As for the MH I just followed the picture on the ballets plus it’s a single end not a double end. Shouldn't think it matters what end it goes into.

Try his Ski

G7EG> Thanks! The sand thickness is up to you. Some my say anything over 2" constitutes a DSB witch will aid denitrafication however these need to be maintained and unchecked could be detrimental to the system.

Thanks Matt, it doesnt seem to matter :D

Also sorry bout the lack of update, command drank one too many brews last night and ended up on the couch instead of behind the camera :shifty:

newWrasse.jpg

oh hello another new comer? what kinda wrasse is he? looks quiet nice :)

Truth is I don't know got all the club members excited about it coz no one knows what it is. Thinking along the lines of a hogfish of some sort but the actual name well happy serching!

Yer i would def say hogfish cos of its mouth structure and fins but i dont any names for the breed :X

maybe a Bodianus axillaris -Coral hog

:wub:

Most reactions

Back