My tank Ciano 60 aqua

BigBurgassio

Reaction score
Hi all,

My water is moderatley soft, temp 26 degrees , the tank is a Ciano 60 aqua, thats all the water data i have at the moment until i get testing kits.

The tank has 1 neon, 4 glowlight tetras, 3 male endler guppies, 1 female endler guppy, 2 Corys, 1 frog, 3 shrimp, the tank has been running now about 6 to 7 weeks.

I am doing a 25 to 30 percent water change once a week, have mostly plastic plants apart from a lump of Java Moss, shrimp tubes and a central rock.

There will be nothing else going in the tank and potentially going to remove the female guppy and put into a seperate tank along with the frog and possibly shrimp.

Think i need to add more live plants but not sure what to add as i only have a gravel substrate, was considering putting plants in small clay pots and adding them in that way, has anyone done that ?

Cheers

BB

Last edited:
It appears after having a count last night my three cherry shrimp have now become four :D

Tank is doing great and all the fish/creatures look happy and healthy.

Think i need to add more live plants but not sure what to add as i only have a gravel substrate, was considering putting plants in small clay pots and adding them in that way, has anyone done that ?
No, I did have issues with plants in pebble gravel only tanks. I ended up floating sand into the pebbles and the plants now stay and grow much better.

No, I did have issues with plants in pebble gravel only tanks. I ended up floating sand into the pebbles and the plants now stay and grow much better.
Cool, how did you do that just let it slowly sink in or funnel it into an area ?

My substrate is quite small stones, almost like harling chips you would see on a wall, maybe 2-3mm size

Yeah, I just scooped some sand and tried best to float most closer to bottom. You'll end up having some float on top of water but you just have to slap it with you hand to have it sink. I had fish in the tanks at the same time so was careful not to bury them.

Yeah, I just scooped some sand and tried best to float most closer to bottom. You'll end up having some float on top of water but you just have to slap it with you hand to have it sink. I had fish in the tanks at the same time so was careful not to bury them.
That could be a good option for me then, do you use a plant food in the tank ? At the moment all i have is a lump of Java Moss which is starting to grow and spread but i am not using any plant feeding additives.

I use Seachem Root tabs and when needed API Leaf Zone. Although many on the forums suggest a more comprehensive liquid supplement such as the following:

• Seachem's Flourish Comprehensive Supplement for the Planted Aquarium
  • Brightwell Aquatics' FlorinMulti
  • Aqaruimcoop's Easy Green All-in-One Fertilizer

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back