My Seneye Review

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

I don't see the point in these high tech systems, the technology isn't good enough for a product in a hobbyists price range. Besides we don't need to how much free ammonia or nitrite there is to 3 decimal places, 1 decimal place is enough, and a set of Salifert kits will last years (I know you're a fan KISSfn ;) as I am myself) for a fraction of the price.
Agreed, we don't need to see free Ammonia to 3 decimal places, but it is interesting to see the real time fluctuations during a water change. And how long it takes for the bacteria to do their jobs. I don't need a Lamborghini but I certainly would take one. It was also interesting to see my tank parameters in Texas while I was vacationing in Florida. Plus, I'm a gadget lover.

I cut up all my credit cards long ago :) I'm not daft enough to own one now ;) Its all too tempting to spend money i dont have, so i just take away the option to do so :)

But im interested to know how you can claw your money back after using a product for 2/3 months so "easily" ?

Well it sure would be hard to purchase a product in the U.K. from the U.S. without a credit card. Most major banks that issue cards offer something called "buyer protection". If a customer has a problem with a purchase and the seller refuses to work with the customer the card issuer refunds the customer's money and then they use their powers of persuasion to collect money from the seller. A simple call to customer service gets the ball rolling. Banks like to try and keep their customers in these tough financial times. Especially those with good credit ratings.

yeh, Buyer protection is fine, but the sellers must have some sort of protection too. I mean, you have used to product for a few months, like it or not. I suppose if it doesnt work it doesnt work, but you only get about 90 days i think before you claim a refund? Tbh i'd do it now rather than later. Unless it really is working how you want it now.

The seller gets his product back, reconditions it and resells it. I get a 120 day refund policy. But I'm going to keep the Seneye, it's working good enough.

hmmm interesting reading :) I may hold out for the 2nd gen, however, if you get the nitrite etc reading capabilities will you please put your findings? I love my gadgets, and as you did on your vacation, I'd like to be able to see whats going on.

Just out of curiousity.. do you have to leave it plugged into a laptop, switched on and accessing the internet in order to get live updates? Or does it work on some sort of wireless capability?

I definitely will update when I receive the additional parameter capabilities. It does need to be connected to a computer via USB to get continuous readings. When disconnected it will store readings on the Seneye device and will upload the readings to your computer when you reconnect it. In the U.K. there is a product called a Belkin Home Base wireless router that is supposed to work. It's not available in the U.S. so I haven't tried that model. I did try a wireless router I got from Amazon with no success. Seneye tells me they are working on a wireless capability for everyone in the near future.

Thanks for the heads up on the Seneye... I may have to return to it... Though the price of slides is still a put off.

Not yet. I was told they had "lots of exciting updates in the pipeline". The second I know, you'll know.

The company hasn't announced yet. I'm very pleased with mine. Gives me peace of mind at a glance - remembering that water changes are important for all sorts of other reasons.

I have a Seneye and it is excellent bit of kit.

KISSfn - did I read the word "sorry" anywhere?...Thought not! Loads of threats and dissing of the company, but when it actually turns out that the only fault is you, not a word of appology. :rolleyes:

In fairness he did acknowledge that he was wrong if not giving an out and out apology as you say. I find lots of people find 'sorry' the hardest word. 'Blimey, might break into song - you wouldn't want that without earplugs!!

This thread is definitely of high interest to me. I have a NutraFin master kit and I have a terrible time with my readings. The reason, I'm colorblind. An electric monitor which displays my tanks information in data form for me would be incredible. So useful that if someone can give me a clear answer that it works well I may be ordering one as soon as tonight. Unless there are different options out there for me. Any tips, suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I should add that for something simpler for me to use, I am willing to spend some cash. Anything to help with the current frustration I'm feeling in regards to water testing. HELP! :D

Most reactions

Back