AHHHH My head is about to explode

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Colin_T

Fish Guru
Reaction score
Sorry, this is a rant thread and I need to vent or I'm gonna go off (the blood vessels in my head are gonna go pop) and do something real bad.

I moved up to Perth a couple of months ago and bought a USB internet dongle so I could use the internet. It didn't work on my desktop pc, which has my email. It does work on my laptop but that doesn't have email. I complained about this to the phone company and after several weeks of getting the run around, they said the dongle doesn't work on my desktop.

I have been using the internet dongle on my laptop but it drops out regularly and has a really slow connection and download speed.

Because the internet dongle didn't work for my emails, I bought a mobile phone. This is the first mobile phone I have owned or used and it didn't come with an instruction book. I contacted the phone company (Optus) asking for help and they wouldn't help. Most of what I know about the phone I have learnt from you guys on here, and the young guy down at the Kmart service center.

The USB internet dongle ran out of data the other week and I was sick of paying for a dongle and mobile phone sim cards because it was costing about $100 per month and I wasn't using any of the data on the phone. So with the help of people here, I managed to get the phone connected to the laptop and have been using that for my internet. It still drops out and has a ridiculously slow speed but I am only paying for one sim card now instead of two. And I have access to the phone and internet.

I have been jumping through hoops with the phone company and have contacted the Telecommunications Ombudsman (independent organisation to try and stop these matters ending up in court). I haven't heard back from the ombudsman but several Optus staff have called me to try and discuss these matters. Unfortunately, each time they call me, the phone plays up and I can hear them, but they can't hear me. They try to call me back and it doesn't work.

A couple of hours ago one of the Optus Resolution Team members phoned me to discuss this. After about 30 seconds of talking she could no longer hear me, but I could hear her. She tried calling back and the same thing happened except she couldn't hear me at all from the start and then we got disconnected.

I tried to return her call by using the number that was recorded on the phone and got a recorded message telling me to call Optus on a 13 number. I tried the 13 number and got the run around. I was asked for this number and that number and the usual bs. After about 10 minutes of this I somehow ended up talking to customer service in India. The lady who answered was very polite and nice to talk to. She tried to contact the people that had phoned me and was unable to get through to them as well. She sent a message through to Optus telling them to contact me and fix this.

An hour later I got a text message from Vicki at the Optus resolution team asking me to email her but I can't because I don't have email and they know it. Her message also said if I can't get through by email to phone her on a number. I tried phoning her and the phone just rang out until I got disconnected.

---------------------

I have given up on the phone and internet for today and decided to check the Lego website.

I am a Lego VIP member and did a number of orders earlier this year before moving. I was always ordering stuff and everything just got put in storage when I moved up here. Subsequently I haven't opened most of the boxes from Lego to check on the items. I just assumed everything was there because they are Lego, a big multi-national toy company with a good reputation. I have also not had any problems with previous orders from them.

I was looking through my account and noticed a bunch of orders that had been cancelled. I thought that was unusual so phoned Lego Customer Support. I ended up speaking to a lady in America. I am in Australia and it was 11am (during normal business hours my time). The lady in America said it was 10pm her time and nobody was available to help me because they were all at home asleep. She took my details and query about the cancelled orders and put a request in for someone to call me in a couple of days when they have reviewed the issue.

Why I was put through to America when I am in Australia is beyond me. But that phone call didn't help so I tried to call a different Lego number and nobody answered. By now my blood pressure was well up and steam was coming out my ears so I fired off an email to Lego via their website. That didn't sooth the raging beast inside me, instead it just made me worse so I sent another email to the CEO of Lego about the matter.

Right now my blood pressure is now up around 1000 over 400 and my horns are sprouting.

It's one of those days, and making it worse is I have only had about 4 hours sleep each night for the last week due to the heat.

Other things have been happening too but this is the latest in the phone/ internet saga...

Last edited:
you can set up a new email account on Yahoo or on gmail. Try not to get upset for the sake of your health. Patience is key.

Last edited:
you can set up a new email account on Yahoo or on gmail. Try not to get upset for the sake of your health. Patience is key.
I can't set up email coz my laptop has Windows 10 and that doesn't have email. I can buy a code to install email and it will cost me $100 a year, or I can buy a code for MS Office and it apparently has an email program. That will cost me $400. I don't need MS Office on my laptop, I have it on my desktop and don't use it.

Why Microsofty made an operating system like Windows 10 that doesn't have email is beyond me. They had the best email system with Outlook on Win XP and got rid of it completely. They ruined this.

@Colin_T - Put all the tech stuff down, find somewhere calm to sit with a nice cup of tea and a biscuit 🙂
I don't drink tea and can't eat biscuits because they are all made from wheat, and I can't tolerate grains after being put on anti-biotics in 2009, which screwed up the bacteria in my digestive tract.

Search for: Is there a free email in Windows 10?

Does Windows 10 come with an email program?

Windows 10 comes with a built-in Mail app, from which you can access all your different email accounts (including Outlook.com, Gmail, Yahoo!, and others) in one single, centralized interface.

The bit above is from a quick Google…Mail should already be in your Windows 10 laptop…?

yes you can access free email account on windows 10 laptop. Just type in Yahoo mail and set it up. Or go to the email account you already have been using. Or you can use gmail at gmail.com
Unless things are different in AU, you should have access to free email accounts.

Windows 10 does have email

Use that on your phone to open an email account via Windows 10 Outlook, then go to Windows Store on the laptop and get the Outlook app (it is a blue envelope icon...not the 365 one and it is free), download the app onto your laptop and sign in using the name and password you chose for the phone app

And you will have an Windows 10 Outlook account that can be accessed via the phone and laptop.

How did you manage to email Lego?

How did you manage to email Lego?
Via their website's contact us page. You can phone, email, snail mail or something else them. When you do the email, you simply fill in the form online at their website (type in the issue and your details) and they phone or email you back.

---------------------
Use that on your phone to open an email account via Windows 10 Outlook, then go to Windows Store on the laptop and get the Outlook app (it is a blue envelope icon...not the 365 one and it is free), download the app onto your laptop and sign in using the name and password you chose for the phone app

And you will have an Windows 10 Outlook account that can be accessed via the phone and laptop.
I don't know how to use my phone. I have no idea how to download an app or do the funny square picture thing (like a barcode but for covid and stuff when I go into stores). I'm still trying to figure this phone as internet on laptop out. Some days it works as tethered and other days it doesn't.

Now I'm really confused....scones appear to be fancy cookies, but this shows buttermilk biscuits, too (???)

Now I'm really confused....scones appear to be fancy cookies, but this shows buttermilk biscuits, too (???)

The American's biscuit is what we Brits call scone...

The American's cookie is what we Brits call a biscuit..unless it has chocolate chips in it, then it's a cookie...or if its extra large usually with chocolate chips or raisins (I know 🥴) then its a cookie

🍪

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back