My River Reef 94 Marine Adventure!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

well did a load of rock smashing which was harder and messier than I thought

Within the rock were what looked like earthworms that were quite fat and long. same colour as earthworms? what were they alsoa round slug like creature jammed into a hole

The scaping was rushed in a cloudy tank ut I;m leaving it like this for now and may be change it at a later date or see how it gets on when corals grow and tank shows signs of maturing algae, coraline wise

004-17-1.jpg

looks god and yep looks like the start of coraline to me

Thats crying out for a little zoa garden ;) but yip looks like coraline to me ;)

I have a little bunch of zoas although since I cracked the rocks and rearranged they haven;t been popping out?? infact one of the heads looks like its rotted or burnt if that makes sense

I bought last week for £12.50 a yellow star polyps rock they come out all the time and look pretty cool

Alsso today as stats had been good all week 2 clown fish, they are pretty cute. Thye wouldn;t have been my choice but its the kids tank

I preferred the gobies and blennies and dragonets etc

It now looks active!!

we need pictures

Hehe I have to keep te wife happy she wanted clowns and both are called nemo :p she also wanted the sand sifter and the mandarins :)

My Fish are the Tang my Mccoskers and the next 3 fish are my choice :) well last 3

heres a few pics from tonight

It looks more active now. I;d like to eventually add a lawnmower blenny, a shrimp another couple of hermits and I;m going to read into a sand sifting starfish although i doubt i could have one
009-9.jpg

013-11.jpg

015-7.jpg

012-11.jpg

010-9.jpg

020-6.jpg

the riccordea looks happier at the moment, the zoas have disappeared and haven;t shown for two days since i rescaped and since the water was all cloudy, the toadstool is shedding again twine in a week and polyps starting to pop out again

Wait a while for the lawn mower, I put mine in before there was enough for him to eat and as he is a fussy little fish he lost a fair bit of weight.
Don't worry though, he's porking up nicely now.

On the subject of clowns, give them a fortnight at most and you will be mental for them. Great little fish
ps I reckon your tank is to small for a sand sifting star, mines to small really but ho hum he gets fed enough :)

Wait a while for the lawn mower, I put mine in before there was enough for him to eat and as he is a fussy little fish he lost a fair bit of weight.
Don't worry though, he's porking up nicely now.

On the subject of clowns, give them a fortnight at most and you will be mental for them. Great little fish
ps I reckon your tank is to small for a sand sifting star, mines to small really but ho hum he gets fed enough :)

was thinking bout not getting one for about a month anywaysand letting everything settle now as I;ve probably gone too quick!!! ooops

cant remember if its too much for your tank

but if you could you should get a fire fish they add a new aspect to the tank even my 5 foot

cant remember if its too much for your tank

but if you could you should get a fire fish they add a new aspect to the tank even my 5 foot

I was looking at those yesterday, the normal kind and they had purple firefish. do they have a lot of character then?

They also had and I wish I had spare tanks a frogfish. I;ve always loved oddballs

yeah amazing carater they are constanly moving and exploring also yeah my lfs have frogfish too there awsome

just testedmy water and it has raised slightly

nitrite 0 again
ammonia 0 again
nitrate can;t decide fully which section it was in but colour looked between 10 and 25 so darker than last time

I have about 2 gallons of spare mixed water so going to do a little change later

fish look fine corals look fine although since i rescaped the zoas have hardly come out and only one out of 5 heads has been out in last5 days or so

also my yellow polyps have lost a bud? could the clown fish have knocked one off or do they fall off for any reason?

things changed quite dramatically overnight, maybe the small change of water butr the zoas are blooming look lovely, the yellow polyps all opened fully and the toadstool is all open with every bit showing its polyps. it looks fab

I;m going to consider another powerhead and another light me thinks

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back